Hanging Decorations Without Tape

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iguana

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
was wondering if anyone had an tips or ideas on how to hang decorations, on melamine enclosures.
To be a little more specific, the Exo-Terra fake plants, with the suction cups (Or anything with suction cups I suppose), which don't stick on melamine. I know not to use tape (learned the hard way) and blue tack just seems to "melt",
any ideas?

I just set up a tank and screwed hooks to the roof and tied rope to it so it dangles to the floor. Then I neatly and safely ( no sharp bits left ) used cable ties to tie the fake vines to the rope. I'll take pics if you need me to as I know I'm not the best at explaining things ... the rope in my enclosure takes the snakes weight and the vines just hide the ugly rope...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or just use a little hook to secure it to the roof without ropes if you like.

Another idea if you have anything heavy to hang just use the little rolls of chain you get from bunnings for hanging paintings and stuff, they come with a weight rating too so it's not a guessing game.

I've got a bit log hanging in my enclosure from them and just wrapped fake vines around the chains. Looks nice.

Thank you!
@danyjv I really like that idea, having arboreal species I can maximize the climbing spaces. I know exactly what you mean, and I'm keen to try it out, Thanks :)
@Newhere Very good idea, I never thought about that, would be useful for the heaver stuff, thanks :)

I'll be taking a trip down to bunnings this weekend

d4c3c97692595fc5b43d966cb7078e90.jpg
957abcf9231c9367c92a7070cbaf263d.jpg
269c038fe1e8fedea476576e56242936.jpg

If you have any logs in the enclosure, you could attach the ends of the fake plants to the logs and let it trail or hang down, whatever your preference.

I used blue and gold rope also called parramatta rope , it's rated to 1000kg of memory so definitely strong enough :)
Good luck and show me your finished project .
What snake are you getting ?

Thanks for the photos :)
It's for my Jungle carpet python, thought it might spruce up the tank.
Will share finished result, thanks!

If you have any logs in the enclosure, you could attach the ends of the fake plants to the logs and let it trail or hang down, whatever your preference.

I have some large climbing sticks and such, but he seems to pull everything I wrap or hang off them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back