Happy 1st Birthday

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Thanks guys, when she wakes up i will give her your birthday wishes! ;)

By the way Rahni, Rylee is going very well, talking constantly & still such a pleasure to sit & watch. He loves his 'mummy' ;) follows me everywhere, but he hates Shane! :lol: Poor Shane cant go anywhere near him without him screaming at him, & if he comes near me......that means war! :lol: I will have to try get him in for a visit with you, i have been quite slack!

Naww!!!! I love this because that is something I would do!!!!

Happy 1st birthday Matilda!

You are crazy! Crazy about about your snake.

May I sugest lighting the candle ouside of her enclosure. She might need a bit of hand blowing it out as well. Oh yeah... definitely no sparkler - she's far too young.

That aside, it is a nice feeling of accomplishment to have successfully cared for, and been responsible for, achieving a milestone with any pet, let alone a very new and different pet to what you have ever been used to in the past. So I shall be sure to raise my glass to you, as well as Matilda, this evening.

Congrats all round,
Blue

Yes Mike, the candle was lit outside her enclosure & i blew it out after i sang happy birthday to her......the kids & hubby were meant to join in.......im not sure what happened there :?

Its school holidays, im aloud to be a little insane! ;)

What? Only "a little"?

It's OK. I know you are sane. I clearly remember you telling me you have two certificates to prove it.

Your really are going to have work on the family and the whole pets being part of it scenario. I mean our dog doesn't leave a shoe under the Christmas tree but Santa still fills his stocking with squeaky toys and chewy bon bons made from animal hide and other such doggie delights. And he also gives and receives chrissy cards, which is pretty clever when you think about it, given he can only hold a pen in his mouth and he hasn't been to school (that is, if you ignore a few weeks spent attending "puppy school").

Yeahppp, you definitely need to work on getting the family more involved in helping your pets to celebrate these special occasions. Hey! They didn't invite themselves into the house... so the least you can do is make every effort to make them feel like they belong and are truly a part of the family. Quite logical when you think about it, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
What a hoot!
Birthday drinks in order.
*CLINK*

Happy birthday lil snakey!
You should have got one of those spikey candle holders and brained the mouse with it and had a candle in there! :D
I love your posts Blue, always make me laugh haha.

:lol: I love you guys, you are all so funny! & Mike, that is what i find so strange, cause the dogs, cats, & birds all get chrissy & bday pressies.......the kids just didnt like my candle idea......or maybe it was cause i didnt wait until their friends had left!:p

Oh & i didnt need to brain the rat with the candle, i just held it for the pic, but while i sang happy birthday......it stood comfortably under Mr rats arm all on its own ;)

......or maybe it was cause i didnt wait until their friends had left!
....eeerrr ....DOH! I think you might just have put yourself out of contention for "mum of the month" with that one. Still, it could have been worse. The kids could be teenagers and you would be excommunicated until they run out of pocket money. The younger ones' memories of such events fade at a rate inversely proportional to their increase in hunger. Good luck with mending the bridges...

I still have a little difficulty envisioning how you did it. I keep seeing a defrosted rat being held by he tip of its tail, a lighted candle in the "comes with rat" candle holder and you singing happy birthday. While the python looks on wondering when the hell people are going to stop playing with its tucker and feed it.

I clearly recall you would always get candle wax on the icing. So for the candle colours that were different to the icing, you would pick it out. But candles that are the same colour as the icing, you always missed a bit. You would really be enjoying the cake and then you bite into a lump of bloody disgusting wax.... I wonder if Matilda experienced the same???

Blue

:lol: The bridge is now fixed......i just had to agree that perhaps next time i leave it until they dont have friends here.

As for how i did it.....the rat was still frozen, so the candle stood firmly under the stiff front leg, i only lit the candle for a few minutes,so no dripping wax, but yes, im sure Matilda wondered what on earth i was doing playing with her dinner!

Well it is my oscars 5th bday next week......i wonder how i will go wedging a candle in a feeder fish.......;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back