Hard to find a place in NSW, anyone wanna share?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightsMistress

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Me and my partner who are reptile owners, are finding it very difficult to get a place that accepts us considering the reptiles. So if anyone is wanting to share a place and share rent, let me know :)
PM please.

just dont write them down as pets... the are in enclosures and make no mess, basically just goldfish.. There is no need for them to know..

ya. i never had problems with reps.

cats and dogs on the other hand. i just had a tenant trash my house. i have to replace the entire flooring, floorboards and all in a upstairs bedroom cause of cat urine. i didn't approve pets and now its gonna cost me heaps. plus the damage this pricked caused to the rest of the house before he did the runner.

Beard, that's terrible. I'm a renter and I can't stand tenants like that because (a) they give the rest of us a bad name; and (b) it's just an ill-bred thing to do.

Cynder, maybe we need to have an APS landlord-tenant matching service. Members who are landlords can rent to members who are tenants - no worries about being able to keep reptiles then! And landlords can find out a bit more about prospective tenants from what they've written in their posts.

I agree thoroughly renenet. I am trying to move up to the central coast, and every time they hear I have dogs i get knocked back. My dogs are outside dogs and we are going for places with no gardens specifically (not because of the dogs, but because I have no time to garden) and still keep getting knocked back.. our dogs are older dogs, dont chew or dig but you dont even get an opportunity to explain that cos the landlord reads dogs and thats it...

Hell yeah to the APS landlords! Its still hard for me to get a place cause I have a kitten too and I want to breed huskies when I get the money lol.

Shame you got a partner, (no offence to him), I've got one spare room for sharing, but 4 in this house would be over crowded and Sydney may be too far anyway. Not to mention it's already full of enclosures!

For almost the same reason, it is hard to find people who can live with snakes.

Yeah, Thanks anyway for the heads up :) I'm guessing the other person living with you is a missus? Hopefully I can find one soon :S

i tell them i have several small fish tanks thats it... until they come ans see there is dragons in the tank and enclosures...... i dont lie i did have fish in the tanks, years ago lol

i tell them i have several small fish tanks thats it... until they come ans see there is dragons in the tank and enclosures...... i dont lie i did have fish in the tanks, years ago lol

I tried that trick. My estate agents wanted to know what I'd have in them.

Yeah, Thanks anyway for the heads up :) I'm guessing the other person living with you is a missus? Hopefully I can find one soon :S

Male actually. I'm single but I'll take who comes along.....after they've passed approval from my border collie though. Don't laugh, it was quite spooky one time he did disapprove of someone.

Best of luck with your search.

I'm living at Lake Macquarie (basically just past top end of Central Coast).

I just told my real estate agent I have 2 bearded dragons which are kept in a glass tank..
Since then, I have 3 snakes as well. The real estate agent turned up a few weeks ago for an inspection
and saw my 'reptile room', but she didn't seem concerned at all.

The cat was easy to get approval for as an 'outside' cat.

I don't know how clueless real estate agents are when it comes to reptiles, but be sure to mention they're kept in a glass tank..
Who knows, maybe they think your animals free range around the house.. People I've come across also have a tendency
to think snakes are slimy and gross..

Last edited:
Yeah alot of people think that about snakes lol. I think they are gorgeous and so gentle, the way they move fascinates me. Well, they arent gentle when they are bitey lol but my hypo bredli is just so beautiful natured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back