Has anyone had a gecko die in burrow?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opinion

• Stuck

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • He’ll get out when he wants

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

CodiH

Reaction score
We have a new knob tail and he loves to dig, which is fine it’s what they do. But he collapses the hole in on himself (I think intentionally) 3” deep and we dig him up all the time.

The last time he’s done this we left him and he stayed for 3 days in the same spot! So we dug him out and he was still happy as Larry.

Do you think he’s stuck or just chilling? I’m happy to leave him there but after 3 days we were getting worried lol

no experience with geckos short of handing in an asian wall gecko to AQIS (RIP little gecko :( )

but! 3 days I assume your burning lights, putting food out etc

as a bluetongue owner id say dig it out and give it a hug, as a curious human who owns a lizard id be disapointed in "my new expensive pet substrate'"

dig it out! itll dig back in again if it wants too and youll know if its alive

fail that, if its stuck after all, you saved it :)

They do bury themselves on purpose but it is possible for them to get stuck. Especially if the sand is moist when they dig themselves in and then it dries and hardens on top of them. I’d say dig him out gently if you’re worried he’s staying under for days.

Latest posts

Back