Hatchie Enclosures - What would be your preferred size?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LucifersJester

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey people!

This is my first question so please be gentle... :)

Anyhow... I was wondering peoples thoughts on hatchie enclosures. Specifically...

If you could choose the size of a hatchie enclosure what would it be?

350mm x 150mm x 150mm? (7.8L)

400mm x 150mm x 150mm? (9L)

or any other size??

More of a Poll than anything. Just interested in peoples opinions and what sizes people would think are useful.

I am guessing it would depend on size of hatchie and breed??

Thanks in advance all :)

A longer tub will give more opportunity for a heat gradient so if the temperature contol is not spot on there is more room for the snake to escape adverse conditions.

When i started my research into getting my first python, i was directed to the 7L Sistema Click Clack. And ive found them to be great for my little Stimmi.

Thanks for all your comments :)

Asharee: Snake wise I wasn't thinking of a particular breed perse. More of what people thing would be usable sizing...

Wokka & Mysnakesau: You think a longer one is better for a temp gradient. Good point...

I suppose this poses more questions in my mind. With longer being better, would width or height be more important?

From what I've read in books and online, I would guess diamonds would prefer height?

I'm intrigued on what would be 'classed' as the perfect for each breed - but then again, I would also think that it would almost be personal preference and maybe even preference to species and individual animal... *shrugs*
Considering they could be used for other reptiles as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back