• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Hatchie Setup's

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont even need lights or a thermostat if you use a low wattage heat cord for the hatchies

MrBredli said:
Scotchbo, you would do well working in a pet shop :)

Tripytych_angel, if you use a low wattage heat pad from the herp shop you do not require a thermostat, providing that the room the tub is kept in his not subject to temperature extremes.

Don't get me wrong, selling complete setups for hatchies is not a bad idea, in fact i've been contemplating doing it myself - good on you for giving it a go. But fact of the matter is that for $350 you can buy a complete setup plus a hatchy and still have enough change for a carton of beer!

Mr Bredli, whilst you may get away without using a thermostat at certain times of the year, when it's hot like last summer, you have peice of mind that if the ambient room temps gets hot that your heat cord/heat mat won't add an extra 10+ degree's C to the tub and potentially kill the snake.
I think it is very responsible way to sell a set up.
Neil

most of the time in summer you wont even need heating

i really like this idea, it has heap of potential and i can really see it taking off if people will give it a fair chance, and as it has been said it all depends on the size of the hatchling, diffent strokes for differnt folkes!, it will be a great thing for mums and dads wishing to get a complete set up for their kids with out the worry of a glass tank getting dropped or the worry of have i got the right stuff, a basic kit, all in one spot with the protential for use in a bigger set up later,
WELL DONE AND KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!

i dont like the dowl (spelling) sticks
coz the snake cant use them to help with shedding because they are smooth imo
but it still looks ok
cam...

Gecko_ProCs said:
i dont like the dowl (spelling) sticks
coz the snake cant use them to help with shedding because they are smooth imo
but it still looks ok
cam...

A snake can quite happily rub against itself to shed if the conditions are right.

lewy4au said:
Maybe a PM would have been a better option however, I thought that seeing this was an open forum suggestions and opinions were welcome.
This is not an open forum, it is the for sale forum. The moderators are constantly making it very clear that "chit chat" style replies in the for sale section is not allowed. That would include "helpful" hints.

scotchbo is on the right track. not a bad price for whats included. at the end of the day you will pay that price if you think its suitable. very easy, to set up as opposed to a dedicated tank. and easily movable. stop rubbishing people that are out there trying to help the new reptile keeper. remember what it was like when you first started out. thought so. just because you didnt come up with the idea, gives you no right to put it down the way you have.
"tell em to get stuffed"

I was just pointing out that you can get an excellent setup for about 10% of that price. If you feel you need all the stuff he is selling then it would be convienient to buy it all in a package. Maybe a package that only included what you need could be available as an option for those on a budget. Having it all setup and ready to is a very good idea though.

I HAVE JUST HAD A LOOK AT MY TUB - THE ONE PICTURED - AND THERE IS NO GAPS AT ALL ---> NOT NEAR THE LATCH, HANDLE, OR ROOF OF IT AT ALL!!! IE: NO WAY THE SNAKE, HATCHIE OR JUVIE COULD ESCAPE

MAYBE the tub you have seen looks similar and has gaps, do you think its possible for there to be more than one tub out there that looks like this one??? i recon its entirely possible.

Ive used low wattage heat mats (8.5w) and they still get real hot, too hot to risk no stat. So the stat part is a good idea, perhaps if you are really serious about this venture, you could buy all the items in bulk at wholesale prices, then sell the kit at a much more reasonable price

What brand is the tub in question?????

They look like the ones i use, and YES there is plenty of gap action, no way you could say there isnt any chance of a hatchy geting out :roll:

its a bit pricey but a good idear. i built this for under $700

NRE-808 said:
I HAVE JUST HAD A LOOK AT MY TUB - THE ONE PICTURED - AND THERE IS NO GAPS AT ALL ---> NOT NEAR THE LATCH, HANDLE, OR ROOF OF IT AT ALL!!! IE: NO WAY THE SNAKE, HATCHIE OR JUVIE COULD ESCAPE

MAYBE the tub you have seen looks similar and has gaps, do you think its possible for there to be more than one tub out there that looks like this one??? i recon its entirely possible.

The lid can flex enough for a python to push its way out .. its happened to me and I wont use those tubs for hatchies again.

Hmmm y so cheap Scotchbo....u could easily charge another $100 or more dollars for them ...... but i suppose u dont want to make any more profit then u already r :roll:

Tristis setup up cost just under $700 and urs Scotchbo cost $320 each...for two of ur setups u could make one of tristis's setup :? :wink:

SnakeWrangler wrote:
'This is not an open forum, it is the for sale forum. The moderators are constantly making it very clear that "chit chat" style replies in the for sale section is not allowed. That would include "helpful" hints.'

Thank goodness for that otherwise this thread would be 4 pages long!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back