Hatchling Perenties

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RoryBreaker

Reaction score
A good friend of mine is currently hatching some Perentie Monitors. His first one popped out after 211 days of incubation. I went around to visit him today to check them out. Didn't take the camera but grabbed a few pictures via the mobile phone. I think they look pretty neat.

This guy is the 2nd one out, still with the umbilical.
p_zps4add22c8.jpg

p1_zpse37dffc5.jpg

Some of the eggs still cooking.
p3_zps23ae3067.jpg

p2_zpsb90bfe1e.jpg

And this fella was first out.
p4_zps76a9364b.jpg

p6_zps13588b39.jpg

p5_zpsada9a75f.jpg

p7_zpsff7ab474.jpg

Cheers,
Dave.

They're absolutely gorgeous! can u keep these guys in Vic?

That is so awesome to look at thanks for sharing wish it was mine to keep.

I have always wanted to keep a pair on Perentie Monitor's, but the sad thing is we will most likely never ever be able to keep them on a private wildlife licence here in Victoria.

Why you may want to know is because of their large size and housing requirements in captivity.

They can cost a fortune to house and maintain in captivity, and require a lot of skill in handling large Monitor's, and they can be very dangerous to handle especially at feed time, you sure would not want to be bitten by a adult Perentie Monitor let me tell you.

With out trying to go off topic but whats the going price for these guys? I am finding quite hard to find out.

They are stunning.

With out trying to go off topic but whats the going price for these guys? I am finding quite hard to find out.

They are stunning.

$2k each. Apparently heaps of people hassling him already.

Cheers i had guessed something like that with the lack of info around.
They will have to go on the wish list.

$2000.00 seems to be the going price that's if your lucky enough to get hold of any juvenile Perentie Monitors.

l remember in September 1992 l was offered some juvenile Perentie Monitors for $1000.00each, from Joe Bredl Senior who use to own and run Bredl's Wonder World of Wildlife in Renmark SA.

I had to tell him we are not allowed to keep Perentie Monitors here in Victoria, so l could not get any of them at all.

That is so awesome to look at thanks for sharing wish it was mine to keep.

I have always wanted to keep a pair on Perentie Monitor's, but the sad thing is we will most likely never ever be able to keep them on a private wildlife licence here in Victoria.

Why you may want to know is because of their large size and housing requirements in captivity.

They can cost a fortune to house and maintain in captivity, and require a lot of skill in handling large Monitor's, and they can be very dangerous to handle especially at feed time, you sure would not want to be bitten by a adult Perentie Monitor let me tell you.

Yet we've been able to own Lacies for ages... Go figure...

Yet we've been able to own Lacies for ages... Go figure...
l know we have been allowed to keep Lace Monitors since mid 1992, why we can keep them on a private wildlife licence and not Perentie Monitors, is because they are found here in Victoria, so the size has nothing to do with what we can or cannot keep.

Even before wildlife licences we're introduce they were being kept as pets here in Victoria, l remember in 1975 some pet shops use to sell adult Lace Monitors for as little as $30.00 and juveniles for $5.00.

This just goes to show how long Lace Monitors have been around and kept has pets for.

We can own crocodiles too, so yes it feels like an odd conclusion.

One day they will be on the list.. There's plenty of non vic v species we can have already

Haha great work RoryBreaker! Keep it up mate! These guys are just awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back