Have a Crappy ****mas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cwarren72

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well I just can't work it out? I must have been an absolute butt in my past life...You know anyone who works there butt off and try to help everyone and make life good for their family and friends, But no matter what they do or how well things seem to be going you just know it is all going to fall on its arsse for them... ??? Yeah well that's me...Christmas is coming and I go into work today and before I even get out of my van the manager walks over and says thanks but we don't need you anymore, we will pay you for today but see ya! Looks like the missus and kids won't be getting anything for christmas this year unless eviction from our house and maybe the van and car reposessed. Just enough money to see us through the next couple of weeks. Sent about a fifty copies of my Resume off today and rang around every transport\courier compnay in Newcastle, Central Coast and even Hunter region and everyone is quiet until after January they say.... So please forgive me if I say Bah Humbug......Merry Crapping Christmas to all and to all blah blah blah. I am still smiling though albeit fake

I might have to move the family back into her mums for a while until I can sort something out....it just sucks cause I had just got prelimanary approval for a home loan which I guess now is going to be put on hold for about.....ever.

I knew things were going to good lately

no been delivering drugs to Doctors, Chemists and hospitals and the like. In a van

That's unfortunate, i might have been able to help you out, you would have had to travel to Sydney everyday though.

y dnt u start applying at the mines as they are short on people if u want i could get u heaps of details for the mines as my dad has just started at baralabar mine 8hours west of bris all ya do is drive the HUGE trucks back and forth for about 8hours a day and u dnt need a truck licence to drive them either so if u want i can get u plenty of details
rgds nick

it might sound like a boring job but u get a fair bit
as my dads cousin is on 110,000 a year

I used to drive for Allied they have nothing going at the moment. Nook if you could get me some info it would be great cheers mate

Hey man I'm sorry to hear about your predicament.. I can't believe businesses do that to people who have kids, it's so unfair.

In any event, I would suggest contacting Manpower, Skillhire, Active Recruitment and people like that - they may have work that can tide you over till the new year.

May be worth trying Australian Air Express, Toll, DHL and other generic brands (if you haven't already), they have a lot of work over Christmas.

I wish you all the best in finding new employment very very soon.

all of them are quiet this time of year. I unfortunately can't go for a normal paying job. Been living to means and on one wage that is hard,

I found temp Labouring jobs to be in high demand prior to Christmas due to extra product sales and staff on holidays.

It is generally the kind of work no one wants to do, but I found it to be regular employment for me over two christmas periods (early Dec to late Feb). Best of luck in the job hunt.

all of them are quiet this time of year. I unfortunately can't go for a normal paying job. Been living to means and on one wage that is hard,

Wouldn't any job atm be better than no job?

Sorry to hear that mate! You seem like a very nice fellow and that doesn't sound fair at all!!
Good luck finding a new job... You might be able to find some temp work while other employers take time off over these holidays..

The same sort of thing happend to me last year, had only been in my new job for 3 weeks and got told we shut down over christmas for 3 weeks, wasnt a fun christmas last year at all coz i had no holiday pay at all, it sucks bigtime. Hope you get something sorted soon mate, Good luck

that sucks! especially just saying "One day left and your outa here"
Johnnys new laws suck balls!

Johnnys new laws suck balls!

What's that got to do with it? Or is that just a generalisation for sensationalism?

Have you actually looked into the workplace reforms and done your own research on the matter? Or are you just listening to the hype?

Just interested to know your thoughts.....

IsK

Try CHEP in Newcastle.....

They were short of people before - I know for repairing pallets it was $25+ per hour - they should be a 24hour service centre too.....

Matt

I am sure everyone on here could get together, and possibly buy a small present for your kids.....

What ages are they??

Is anyone else out there willing to give it a shot??

Maybe - $5 - 10 each??

Really its a weekly mag, or 2 cups of coffee to miss out on?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back