1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

have i damaged my snake?

Discussion in 'Herp Help' started by Amynickid, Jul 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amynickid

Amynickid Not so new Member

I have no reason to believe i have damaged my snake internally, but i noticed in his shed he had sperm plugs, and hes just over a year old. so i checked his cloaca. noticed some white snot like mucus. squeesed the base to what i would say wasnt dangerous and more white stuff came out. now my anxietys just worried that in the process of seeing if he was sexually mature already my anxiety is making me think what if i damaged him internally while finding the semen?
    -.- help plz

2. Hamalicious

Hamalicious Well-Known Member

From your description and with out seeing photos, i would be fairly confident in saying that the white stuff was just a bit of left over urate.

3. Amynickid

thats not what im worried about, i am worried that while chcecking i may have damaged him internally. i didnt squeeze hard. just my anxiety is worrying me.

4. Hamalicious

I wouldn't be worrying, i can't imagine a gentle squeeze would do any harm. Does he seem stressed at all?

5. Amynickid

He did a lil bit but when i put him in enclosure he was exploring around and now hes chilling in his hide. it was a firm squeeze but didnt feel any thing get damaged

6. Hamalicious

i wouldn't be stressing, i think you would have had quite a reaction if you had hurt him.

7. Amynickid

true
    thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.