Have QLD laws recently changed ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simmo2302

Reaction score
Just a quick question, have the QLD laws for keeping Wildlife changed recently.

On the EHP website, in the guidelines and information sheets sections there used to be the following documents

Code of Practice - Wildlife management - Captive reptile and amphibian husbandry

Guideline - Wildlife management - Keeping wildlife privately in Queensland — Conditions and restrictions — Keeping and using controlled animals without a recreational wildlife licence

Guideline - Wildlife management - Keeping wildlife privately in Queensland — Conditions and restrictions — Keeping and using controlled, commercial, recreational, restricted or international animals under a recreational wildlife licence

(please note this last one, is different to the "Information sheet - Wildlife management - Recreational wildlife licence", which can still be found)

I have also noticed that webpage updates have been taking place approx from August 2013, the the most recent one being 20 feb 2014.

A google search will still bring up the Code of Practice - Captive reptile and amphibian husbandry, but i cant find it or any of the other documents on the site.

So i'm guessing that the wildlife laws in QLD have changed or are currently going under review ? maybe we can no longer keep wildlife without a RWL ?

Last edited:
The legislation has all been updated so I would be reading that for any changes, not going off whether or not a website has been updated.

I am not sure if there is any truth behind it, but i read someones comment somewhere that they are now allowing reptile sales at expos now like they can in NSW? If anyone knows if this is true or not please let me know

interested in keeping upto date with the relevant laws ( i have a RWL and keep a variety of Frogs under this licence, so it always good to keep up to date with changes)

but i do know that perviously in QLD we were able to keep 2 frogs of 4 different species (8 frogs in total) without a RWL, as long as certain criteria, T & C's were adhered to.... but not that this info has disappeared from the website, i dont know if it is still applicable.

I'm pretty sure, regardless of the classification of the animal, if you have a RWL then they all get recorded. ie; there are no animals 'off licence' in a household that has a licence. I stand to be corrected on that one though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back