Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Spotted got out one night. Didn't notice till the next morning and I was beside myself. Rang a friend and and she came over to help me look. We looked for over 45 min and couldn't find her. My friend left and I decided to hav another look and found her curled up in a roll of contact was so happy to c her. I hope you find ur snake I kno wot ur feeling keep looking and keep up hope that it will come home

i had an escapee and all i did was get a small bird cage ( budgie type ) and put a live rat in there ( the size i fed it ) . i placed it in the middle of the room and closed blinds and closed the door and sealed up the bottom of the door. Then i waited until an hour or so after dark - had a look and the snake was trying to get inside the bird cage for a feed.
Repeated the same 12 months later with same result .
And for all you critics...... i had kids that wouldnt lock cages properly.

i had an escapee and all i did was get a small bird cage ( budgie type ) and put a live rat in there ( the size i fed it ) . i placed it in the middle of the room and closed blinds and closed the door and sealed up the bottom of the door. Then i waited until an hour or so after dark - had a look and the snake was trying to get inside the bird cage for a feed.
Repeated the same 12 months later with same result .
And for all you critics...... i had kids that wouldnt lock cages properly.

I'm not sure id go about it that way... My olive got out a little while ago when some visiting kids left the doors open on the enclosure. I did have a cage in an adjacent room housing rats, and sure I found my olive there, wrapped around the cage unable to get to the rat she so desperately wanted to eat. Very hacked up though. With some very deep cuts going right through the skin. I guess the plus side was that I didn't lose her. Not how id personally go about trying to find a lost snake...

I'm not sure id go about it that way... My olive got out a little while ago when some visiting kids left the doors open on the enclosure. I did have a cage in an adjacent room housing rats, and sure I found my olive there, wrapped around the cage unable to get to the rat she so desperately wanted to eat. Very hacked up though. With some very deep cuts going right through the skin. I guess the plus side was that I didn't lose her. Not how id personally go about trying to find a lost snake...

geeeez ..... doesnt take long for someone to be negative on here , does it.
I wasnt trying to help someone retrieve an olive python house next to food source. i was just explaining what i did........... with a childrens python......... and it worked , as i only left it out for an hour or so.........seems your olive must have been hacking itself for hours.
And if you have looked everywhere for an escapee , why wouldnt you do what i did.
If you cant be helpfull , then dont aggrivate things on here , like some people seem to take pride in doing.

geeeez ..... doesnt take long for someone to be negative on here , does it.
I wasnt trying to help someone retrieve an olive python house next to food source. i was just explaining what i did........... with a childrens python......... and it worked , as i only left it out for an hour or so.........seems your olive must have been hacking itself for hours.
And if you have looked everywhere for an escapee , why wouldnt you do what i did.
If you cant be helpfull , then dont aggrivate things on here , like some people seem to take pride in doing.

Are you normal? I was just making a point as to a possible issue that may arise from doing that. I wasn't being negative or aggregating anything. If you're going to sit there and watch it, sure great idea. How long do you think it would take a rat to scratch or bite half a dozen times at a python wrapped around its cage if it felt threatened?

Are you normal? I was just making a point as to a possible issue that may arise from doing that. I wasn't being negative or aggregating anything. If you're going to sit there and watch it, sure great idea. How long do you think it would take a rat to scratch or bite half a dozen times at a python wrapped around its cage if it felt threatened?
geeeez mate.....do you do a risk assesment on everything you do in life...????

I gave a scenario of a personal experience. I said that I wouldn't do it and explained why. I wasn't attacking anyone. I wasn't being negative. I wasn't telling anyone what to do or if something was right or wrong. Nor was I trying to instigate a bs argument with yourself. I gave an opinion. That is what forums are here for. Advice and opinions. Something worked for you, great. I just offered another side to a potential risk as it is something that I had an experience with

To the op, hope you have some luck finding the lost one

Last edited:
Well.... That escalated quickly!

Anywhoooo...... I wish OP would update on if he/she found the missing snake so we can all move on :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back