Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanJungle

Reaction score
Hi all, turns out my yearling decided to escape from he's cage, when I was at work, looked everywhere, moved furniture and looked along power boards. Think he's moved on.
Anyway how do I document for my licence?
Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of snake? A morelia will be up high somewhere..check your curtain rods.

I lost one of my jungle pythons once, it somehow got out of his enclosure, I looked every where. Even set up traps with f/t rats in them. But there was no sign of him. Lost hope after about 4 months and one day whilst I was on the toilet I felt something on my foot and I looked down and it was my escapee 2 year old jungle python. Best surprise of my life!

Ants are the Worst escapees..usually crammed under or into something they're way too big for. Try the usual hide on a heat mat on the floor with a mouse on it.

Mine got stuck behind the footrest lever in my recliner once
G3XHTqg.jpg

iPgcGjN.jpg

pc79BeY.jpg

pWjRA7M.jpg

I turned my back on him for a minute and he crawled in through the hole behind the lever

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just the thought of losing your snake is terrible. Its a mazing how well the can live in side for so long and go undetected by us. Good luck ane I hope you find him

I lost one of my jungle pythons once, it somehow got out of his enclosure, I looked every where. Even set up traps with f/t rats in them. But there was no sign of him. Lost hope after about 4 months and one day whilst I was on the toilet I felt something on my foot and I looked down and it was my escapee 2 year old jungle python. Best surprise of my life!
4 months! whoah, long time, its been nearly that for me with my jungle python, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

One time a few years ago my brother and I received our very first children's python coco, we had her for a few months and she was the coolest snake until one day my brother and I were out and our young neighbour came over and decided to play with her and not close her tank properly afterwards. Our family spent days cleaning through the house trying to find her and lost hope quickly because we had been looking after a psycho cat. 9 months past and I had a friend stay at my house for the night. He came up to me and said "rawmeat" 'did you put your snake in my bag' I said no thinking that my spottie must have got out and sure enough my spottie was still in her tank,we looked in the bag and it was coco. We were all so happy that when I picked her up she decided she bite my hand and actually start swallowing my finger and I didn't even care once we got her off she ate 3mice and went back to normal.
Main point of story don't give up on the snake hopefully you will find it one day

pWjRA7M.jpg

That poor recliner! If I had to do that to my beloved recliner, I think I might tear up :p
It's great you got your little critter out of there though!

@ UrbanJungle: My brother's little jungle escaped about a month ago, he and his roomies tore that house apart searching for it. In the end, about to give up, they decided to do one more sweep of the garage, and low and behold, they found little Nyxy. She was quite literally INSIDE one of the guys' motorbike, she'd managed to get herself right into the workings of the bike. Would have ended very badly if the bike had been ridden while she was in there, I've seen a motorbike exhaust melt the skin down my brother's leg, definitely not somewhere you want a baby snake to be. They had to pull the bike to pieces to get her out, and then put it back together. Quite a job, but infinitely worth it to have Nyx back.

Definitely don't give up hope, and make sure you look in the weirdest places you can think of, even if you think they may be too small. Our scaly friends are incredibly bizarre minded when it comes to finding places to hide. Make sure you also carefully check the tracks of any sliding doors around the place, I've heard some awful stories of little snakes getting killed while hiding around sliding doors.

And as has already been said, definitely set up a cozy hide on a heat mat with a frozen/thawed rat to entice the little critter to come out for some dinner.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Renae

I remember losing my albino, I pulled apart three bed Three cupboard went through the back of fridges, couches, chairs, under everything that had a slight gap at the bottom, took over 7 hours.
Gave up, went to grab a DVD off my DVD rack I'd walked past literally 2938726282 times, and guess who was hiding in plain sight.

One time a few years ago my brother and I received our very first children's python coco, we had her for a few months and she was the coolest snake until one day my brother and I were out and our young neighbour came over and decided to play with her and not close her tank properly afterwards. Our family spent days cleaning through the house trying to find her and lost hope quickly because we had been looking after a psycho cat. 9 months past and I had a friend stay at my house for the night. He came up to me and said "rawmeat" 'did you put your snake in my bag' I said no thinking that my spottie must have got out and sure enough my spottie was still in her tank,we looked in the bag and it was coco. We were all so happy that when I picked her up she decided she bite my hand and actually start swallowing my finger and I didn't even care once we got her off she ate 3mice and went back to normal.
Main point of story don't give up on the snake hopefully you will find it one day

Aww she was hungry!!! 9 months! That's incredible!

Hi all, turns out my yearling decided to escape from he's cage, when I was at work, looked everywhere, moved furniture and looked along power boards. Think he's moved on.
Anyway how do I document for my licence?
Cheers!

He will be there somewhere. You'll be amazed at where they can be hiding.
I wouldn't do anything to your license.
Leave out a rat for him..and keep watch. Obviously do this at night.

Losing ya snake sucks It happened to me a few months ago, woke up in the morning to fund bundy gone, search the house from top to bottom day and night for a week even pulled the bottom cover of our new couchs and nothing, the following weekend I was looking for something in the garage outside!!! and saw something in the corner of my eye, guess who bundy was moving around my tv cabinet with all my fishing gear, happiest day ever I have never seen him drink so much!!!! I cant believe who got outside but.

My 3 year old stimmy went missing one night. Searched the whole house and couldnt find her. Thought well she will turn up she couldn't of got outside the house. The next week when I got my son back (1 week at mothers then 1 week at mine.) He was going to bed and hopped into his bed. Put his head on his pillow and he said dad something just moved. Looked inside the pillow case and there she was. Wasn't happy when I tried getting her out to go back in the enclosure.

G3XHTqg.jpg

iPgcGjN.jpg

pc79BeY.jpg

pWjRA7M.jpg

That's exactly where our Intergrade went 1 night when i went to sleep with her around my neck, only she wasn't in a nice cosy spot like yours, she was wrapped around the scissor action where the big spring is, lucky i did not put the foot rest down or i would have had a couple of Intergrades. :) ............................Ron

My 3 year old stimmy went missing one night. Searched the whole house and couldnt find her. Thought well she will turn up she couldn't of got outside the house. The next week when I got my son back (1 week at mothers then 1 week at mine.) He was going to bed and hopped into his bed. Put his head on his pillow and he said dad something just moved. Looked inside the pillow case and there she was. Wasn't happy when I tried getting her out to go back in the enclosure.

Haha.. My BHP used to love hiding in my pillow case too :)

- - - Updated - - -

This happened to me recently, my yearling jungle escaped after one of my sons friends opened his enclosure. I didn't realize until almost 2 days later, I didn't bother tearing the house apart looking cos I knew I'd never find him being so small. So two weeks later I open the garage door and he's sitting right outside it, I picked him up and unfortunately his tail has been damaged.. My guess was he was perching up in the tracks of the garage door... His tail was broken and he's lost it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back