Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrBredli

I've just been cleaning up some old files on the computer and found all of these. They were all taken between 4-7 years ago i think, on a film camera and would have been scanned to the computer a few years back. Hope you enjoy them as much as i just did, so many memories.. :)

Pict00031.jpg

Pict00007.jpg

Pict00006.jpg

0032.jpg

0024.jpg

0020.jpg

0017.jpg

0015.jpg

0013.jpg

0007.jpg

0006.jpg

0005.jpg

0004.jpg

0003.jpg

001.jpg

0scalyfoot.jpg

0bredli.jpg

0birregularis.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mate, i especially like the first one, if you look carefully you can see that the gecko was covered in frost. That pic was taking just a few seconds after lifting the rock he was hiding under in the lower Blue Mountains. I love Stone Geckos, they are so damn cute!

It's also interesting to note the different colours/patterns between the Stone Geckos in the 1st and 3rd pics. The first was found in the lower Blue Mountains, the second close to the Hawkesbury River (near Brooklyn).

Are the six and seventh pics of the once thought extinct bluetongue from adelaide or cunningham skinks???
....lol...or neither
soz if i was way off.

-Jared

Apology accepted, they're White's Skinks. ;)

The 9th pic shows a Cunningham's Skink though, with his friend a Nobby Lashtail. They always used to bask together like that.

k...my bad....looks so much alike to the adelaide blueys though...oh well

They're not that expensive, about $80-100ea but they don't come up for sale very often. I'm looking to get back into lizards soon, mainly geckos, and they will be one of the first on my list. :D

i figured out i can take black and white photos with my camera :) i love black and whites

Been thinking about these pics, and i'm surprised that i can remember so much about where the animals were found. In fact, i can remember their exact location to within 25m in most cases, and a lot of these were taken up to 10-11 years ago! Obviously i haven't been drinking enough beer if i can still remember stuff like that. Note to self - drink more beer! :lol:

Here's a quick description of each pic:

1. Stone Gecko - Glenbrook locale
2. Green Iguana - taken at ARP before it burnt down.
3. Stone Gecko - Brooklyn locale
4. Blue Mountains Tree Frog - Medlow Bath locale
5. Brown Tree Snake - captive specimen
6. White's Skink - Faulconbridge locale
7. White's Skink - Faulconbridge locale
8. She-Oak Skink - captive specimen
9. Nobbi Lashtail & Cunningham's Skinks (i believe the Cunningham's originated from Manly area - not sure on the Nobbi, west of Lithgow perhaps)
10. Common Scaly-foot - Medlow Bath locale
11. White's Skink's - Faulconbridge locale
12. Burton's Legless Lizard - captive specimen
13. Yellow-faced Whipsnake - captive specimen
14. Hatchling Broad-tailed Gecko - Glenbrook locale
15. Stone Gecko - Glenbrook locale
16. Common Scaly-foot - Medlow Bath locale
17. Hatchling male bredli - now a proud father (presuming the eggs hatch)
18. Brown Tree Snake - captive specimen

I lived at faulco for 24 years and never saw those white skinks about .My parents maybe up for an unannunced visit shortly .Thanks for sharing its good to see afew pics of some reptillian residents from up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back