heat cord

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damo gug

Reaction score
Wondering how people have heated foam background and rocks using heat cord? thinking maybe plastic tubing incase thing go wrong? any help appreciated.

Hi damo gug
I use heat cord underneath the floors in my enclosures and swear by it. Have never tried heating a background but im sure it could be done. Good luck.

looking at getting some frogs and water skinks and want to set up a naturalistic enclosure and don't really want a bulky heat light to ruin the look of the enclosure as im building it like a normal wood snake enclosure. I live in townsville so really just for the cold days as my house gets fairly hot.

If the substrate is to deep , it may act as insulation and you may have trouble getting enough heat . I could be wrong , it depends on your setup . Heatcord wattage and spacing , how much ventilation , size of enclosure. Before you introduce any critters just set it up and see what happens. You can experiment with different setups and see what works best .

I use it with deep substrate. It works brilliantly*

*Disclaimer: I've done all sorts of things and never had a problem with it, but I'm sure it's possible to find a way to stuff it up or make a fire or something.

Latest posts

Back