Heat emitters stopped working

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cid_python

Reaction score
A fuse blew in out house and all the reptile heat emitters have stopped working. Every single one of them. Its not the power point or the power board because everything else works fine. Sometimes when I've put the globe in I get a flash of light for a split second, this probably happens when its been in for 2-3 minutes. It's the same globe, so it doesn't blow when it lights up. I have tried new globes though and the same thing happens. Anyway I can fix this? Really don't want to have to buy new ones especially at this time of the year.

Just out of curiosity, have you replace or repaired the blown fuse/circuit breaker yet as that could help others give you a bit more sound advice.

sounds like you need to replace your heat emitter fittings...
I agree. It's possible that whatever fault caused the fuse to blow has caused damage to the fittings or, more likely, bad wiring in the fitting(s) caused the issue in the first place.

Have you tested every one individually to see which fitting is the problem or is it every one? How many and what wattage were you running off a single power point? I know you say it's not the power point or board but I've had a board go because I was running a room heater off it which drew a lot of current and eventually burned out that plug but the rest of the board worked fine.

Yes have tested them individually and it's everyone. I might buy a new emitter and see if that works.

Just buy one just in case it doesn't work. If it doesn't you may have to rewire all the enclosures. Maybe get an election to look at it they should be able to fix it or at least tell you what's wrong with it. Good luck ,hope it all goes well and it is just the emitters and noughing major like fried wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back