1. Hi there Guest, thanks for visiting the site. Due to changes in circumstances, finances and having run this page for several years, Aussie Pythons and Snakes will be shut down on August 1st. If you or anyone you know would be interested in owning and running one of Australias Longest running Pythons and Snakes forums then please get in touch with Stuart via PM. Thank you for your support over years and please know that this decision has not been made lightly. Regards, Stuart

Heat Light

Discussion in 'Newbies forum' started by Tarronnn, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Tarronnn

Tarronnn New Member

Is the heat light/cage to close to the basking spot? Should I use a smaller basking object?

It’s about 7cm away from the heat light cage.

is night time heat required?
    https://imgur.com/X1S2lCr

[​IMG]

2. Herptology

Herptology Well-Known Member

as long as its reaching the right temps at 32~c during the day it will be fine, I would probably move the rock thingy out of way depending on size of snake, as it might be the heat might be a bit concentrated and possibly burn ur snakes skin

Tarronnn likes this.
  3. Tarronnn

Tarronnn New Member

Aight, no worries, use another hide thingy under the light or just use nothing and she can just sit on the paper towel?

4. Sdaji

Sdaji APS Veteran APS Veteran

You haven't said anything about temperatures, wattage, what type of animal it's for, etc etc.

Might be perfect, might be terrible.

Tarronnn likes this.
  5. Tarronnn

Tarronnn New Member

Albino jag, 50 w heat light on the thermostat, temps are about 30-34, cold side is whatever the outside temp is, but sits around low 20s, she’s always on the heatmat in her current cage, only seen her out a couple times and for a swim here and there
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jun 12, 2020, Original Post Date: Jun 11, 2020 ---
    The heat light cage gets to at least 40 degrees, so pretty hot if she was to touch it.
    Also how do I keep the thermostat probe in place?
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jun 14, 2020 ---
    Update
    --- Automatic Post Merged, Jun 14, 2020 ---
    How would I keep the probe in place?