Heat mat question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horsy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
So I just bought a Exoterra Heat Mat (or substrate heater as it's called on the box) and the guy who sold me it said it would do perfectly well with clickclacks. So I get home, open it up and on the instructions it says "Use on glass only". Glass is underlined. Do you think this will be okay on a plastic clickclack or should I take it back? I do have an exoterra glass tank than my baby beardie is currently residing in. What I could do is move him into his 4ft enclosure a little early and put the snake hatchling into the exoterra tank...-sigh- So much hassle. Will this be fine for plastic or should I do all this swapping and moving?

This one is like a sticker type thing that sticks to the enclosure and it's not recommended to take it off again. All the heating stuff is in this. It's weird. It better goddamn work. Damn thing cost me $50.

mine was $57.50 need it so paid it yeah i stuck mine to bottom peeled off sticker wont get hot enough to metal hopefully :p

i bought a 7 watt heat matt and it doesnt heat up enough
how many watts is your heat matt ?
cheers
brad

Mine's 8 watt.

Sounds exactly like mine dmx. Think I should just do the whole swap thing? Always so much hassel. But if I just put my beardie in his 4 ft tank early then that's that's over and done with.

might be idea to do it that way to play it safe mines keeping 1 foot gage warm untill she gets older then ill move her out and get better heating i all so have extra small one 4 watt but wasnt working well so i upgraded

i am using the extra small exo terra one on my plastic tub. it runs 24/7 no probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back