Heat Mats and Thermostats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tweeds

Reaction score
What is your opinions on the below heat mats and thermostat, any feedback appreciated. Would the 7 or 14 watt be more suitable for heating a clik clak for a hatchling?

Links edited out.

Regards Tweeds

Last edited by a moderator:
if you want to pay extra go ahead, but on the same page you found those ones the same thermostat is $11 with free postage and the heat mats both 7w and 14w are both under $20 with free postage, that is less than $31....a lot less than the $42 they want for the combo's

Ron

if you want to pay extra go ahead, but on the same page you found those ones the same thermostat is $11 with free postage and the heat mats both 7w and 14w are both under $20 with free postage, that is less than $31....a lot less than the $42 they want for the combo's

Ron

Yeah thanks mate was more after reptile advice then financial advice. Any thoughts on suitability of mats?

Just had the same problem, I wanted a reliable heat mat, because after hearing many stories about mats overheating/catching fire/failing I was a bit hesitant to just get a cheap one thats mass produced in china.

I ended up getting a Microclimate heat mat and a Microclimate Mini stat for heating a click clack. I'd rather be safe than sorry, if your willing to spend a little more, I think it's worth the peace of mind.

Oh, I got a 8.5watt

Last edited:
Hey ive been using a 14 w reptileone mat with the same thermostat that you linked and has been working fine for me for about 4 months so far

Those heat mats are good quality. I use about 3 or 4 different brand heat mats for my gecko enclosures and that one is probably top on my preference. So long as you don't go with the green thicker ones, you should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back