Heat veriation Hot side of tank to Cold side

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Derryn

Reaction score
I am having trouble creating a decent heat variation in my snakes enclosure I can only get a 1 degree diffidence we have a Children's Python any suggestions

More info please as to size and type of enclosure, heat source and position of thermostat?

reptile on atmosat reptile one vivarium 900long 600wide 600 high sorry for the late reply 50wat ceramic globe

Last edited:
upload_2017-10-5_12-19-14.jpeg

Heat source is on the left the thermostat is in on the right UV lamp on the right

there is a 145 mm border to the left and right and a 50mm front and backat the top of the enclosure I feel we need a different tank

You will likely struggle to get a decent gradient in a 600 wide enclosure but you could try ditching the dome and using a ceiling mount (with cage) as close to the left as possible and decreasing the distance between the heat source and the basking area either by installing a basking shelf or lowering the heat source.

If that sounds like too much effort it might be worth looking into a heat tile instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back