Heater Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam Colyer

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I am setting up a new enclosure to house a Woma python and I was concerned about my UTH.

I have Aspen and Kritters Crumble for substrate. (Experimenting with them at the moment. 1 or the other at a time obviously.) To get the top of my substrate to 34c with either means my glass temp is at 43-45c. This is with about 1cm of substrate only.

The reason I say this is I am concerned what would happen were the snake to push the substrate around and rest in direct contact with the glass. Is there anything you can recommend me to try? Is this a concern?

Ignoring the seemingly excessive heat on the glass all other temperatures appear to be in line with top substrate hot side 34. Cool side 25. Yes it is run through a thermostat and I have multiple temp probes and digital it thermometer.

Thank you.

You could always use news paper for substrate that way the heat wont have to work as hard to get warm on top layer . To be honest i wouldn't be to bothered if the snake could come in contact with 40-45 degree heat spot its not enough to burn it and the snake can always move to cool side once its hot enough
[doublepost=1534114244,1534114151][/doublepost]The way you have it setup now sounds ideal imo .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back