Heath/rosenberg lifelong housing

Lukecee

Not so new Member
I would like to eventually acquire a heath monitor in future, has anybody ever , or is it even possible for them to be housed in a standard melamine enclosure for their whole lifetime or do they NEED an outdoor enclosure, if they are able to be kept indoors I would assume it would need to be fairly large, but just how large ? Cheers

Sdaji

Almost Legendary
APS Veteran
Trusted Seller
Hypothetically you could build a melamine enclosure large enough, but it would be a bit ridiculous. You can certainly keep them inside, but they'll need a large enclosure. Generally speaking you want at the very least 2x x 1x the total length of a monitor in floor space, preferably at least 4x x 2x. If you really want to set that up inside and run a powerful enough spotlight to heat it, sure, but realistically it's usually easier to provide that much space outside and let the sun do the work for free. They can be kept outside in most of Australia, almost anywhere other than the frozen wasteland corner (far south east).

Friller2009

Not so new Member
I would like to eventually acquire a heath monitor in future, has anybody ever , or is it even possible for them to be housed in a standard melamine enclosure for their whole lifetime or do they NEED an outdoor enclosure, if they are able to be kept indoors I would assume it would need to be fairly large, but just how large ? Cheers
I always would say to keep large monitors outside.
But if you must keep some indoors i would say 5m x 3m x 3m (length, width, height)
Anyway an outdoor enclosure would probably be better