Heating Issue New Tank

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KierenTavener12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I just set up my new enclosure and I'm having issues with the heat.

Down low near the log it's at the 31-32 I set the thermostat at. But high on the branch obviously because it's closer it's 45-50.

Do I move the thermostats thermometer up higher or do I say drop the set temps to adjust it?

IMG_1920.JPG

It depends. Do you have your snake/lizard yet? If so, where do they bask most?

Sorry should've mentioned. I've got a bredli python have had her coming up a year now. It varies from on a branch to in the hide.

Probably not much help. I gonna say the branch thinking Ng about I could move the thermometer up there but I then have the issue of her hide being low? So she'd have to be out to warm up.

I would set it so on the branch under the light registers 32 degrees. Your python will go where it feels comfortable.

Is she known to bask? I have a relatively tall enclosure for a Stimsons and he gets up close to the heat light and basks for a bit and then retreats to his coolish cave, I have the probe around 2 thirds down to the floor so his cave is cool and close to the heat lamp is hot but in the middle of the enclosure sits around 31 degrees

She does bask usually after eating for a bit. Or when it's a freezing cold day.

I just moved it up to the branch for now I'll see how she goes.i can always move it around tomorrow after work. And have a play. Cheers guys for the thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back