Heating Issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel101

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I got my terrarium about a week ago and im just feeling a little shady with the heating.
I have it set to 27 degrees and also have a heat rock on the other side of the enclosure.

Pretty much the lights are hardly on, if they come on its only for about 1 minute at most and sometimes only for about 3 seconds before turning back off again.

There is also a buzzing noise and a little light flicker for a while when the lights are on :?

And yes i need a cage for my lights :)

IMG_0710.jpg

G'day :) from what I can understand.
27oC is way too low, the cool end should be 27oC hot end 32oC, everyone on here will tell you heat rocks are bad news.

Last edited:
27 degrees is quite low, probably approaching ambient, which is why the lights are off constantly.

Now, I'd suggest bumping the temperature up to 32-34 degrees, but because you haven't gotten around to shelling out for light cages yet, I'd suggest the only thing keeping your python from extensive, possibly life threatening burns is the fact the lights aren't on.

dont go off the temps on the thermostat,they can be way off,u need to use a thermometer to actually check your temps,then set thermostat off that,how small is your enclosure,if only a 2 footer thats a lot of lights hanging off the roof

its a 900 x 600 x 600, i had it on 30 originally but it seemed a bit too hot, ill bump it back up again and see how it goes and yes i need a cage asap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back