Heating Options

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan P

Reaction score
Hi All
Just wanting to get some help from anyone who has a similar type/size enclosure. Sorry, couldn't get a pic to load, but it is a reptile one enclosure 90cm wide x 60 deep x 1.2 high.
I am setting up a tank for my Bredli's for when she is bigger, and just wanting to check what size bulbs I should be putting in for an enclosure this size. I have 2 light fittings on the one side of the cage, and am looking to have one basking light, and one ceramic.
Wasn't sure if a 100watt would do the job, or if I should go up to 150? I put a spare 50watt that I had in to test, and could only get the top corner up to a temp of about 29.
Any help is appreciated.
Cheers
Dan

22780497_10210368129067282_3190650221710588924_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Assuming you don’t have a thermostat (if you do, get 100w)

You don’t need anything higher than 75w especially since it’s now starting to get hotter already. 50w should be fine to use once temps outside are stable 30

Enclosure looks good

but just gonna tell you now from my experience with that enclosure, have a backup lock for those doors, you can’t source the ones that it comes with anymore, I’ve asked everywhere :/ and even then finding a backup lock that suits the thickness of that glass is hard

The lock is known for snapping and being permanently locked unless you break it off.

Not sure if I’m right but maybe someone else can help me understand, why do you need a basking light AND a Ceramic heat emitter

Also get a thermostat (if you don’t have one)

Edit: also those branches look a bit skinny, but might be just the angle

Edit edit: someone might tell you off for using fake grass and tell you it’s hard to clean, I personally like it, but yes it will be a pain to clean everytime she has a mess

Thanks. Yes, have a thermostat set up for both light fittings. Was going to have both just to have the option to heat without light if I want to. Might give the 75watt a go.
And yeah the lock was broken when I got the enclosure so have ordered a few online as couldn't find anywhere else. Hopefully they will be suitable.
And have 3 pieces of fake grass cut ready, so can alternate while cleaning. Was going to see how it goes for the first few months, as have heard both arguements for and against.

The branch is one I have put in for now, for when she first goes in. As she gets bigger I will change over for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back