• Check out the new Feedback and suggestions forum. This adds the ability to add ideas for the site and upvote/downvote them. It would be great to hear from you all in how we can boost site activity and who would like to assist with some exciting ideas from Rob and I.

Heating Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aztec

Not so new Member
Aztecs has just arrived after 4 years in Far North Queensland by plane and into his custom built enclosure which is is 2m high x 1m wide and 590cms deep.
I put a ceramic 150 watt under a dome just right of centre he has his top perching branch approx 35cms beneath the lamp.
I put a thermometer in his hide at the base of his enclosure and it's at 25 degrees Celsius, he felt so cold!
I'm contemplating running a heat chord under his hide (2cm thick terracotta) to warm it up abit for him. What temperature would be ideal for him?
Aztec is a male Jungle, 11years old and 3meters long

pinefamily

Very Well-Known Member
If the hide is sitting on the floor of the enclosure, 25 degrees is fine as a "cool" end. If you have some branches/poles in between the top one and his hide, he will be able to go wherever he feels comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.