Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Corntagious

Reaction score
Hello all,
Just wanted to share a little about myself. I am from the southeast coast of Florida. I have worked with many different types of reptiles, but my passion is snakes. I am the current Vice president of the St.Lucie Regional Herpetological Society. I also own a small private breeding facility that specailizes in colubrids.
Besides about 100 snakes we also share the house with 3 cats a dog and a monitor and 2 tortises.

oh my god.....beautiful! and more???

G'day

Corntagious said:
BeardyBen said:
mate that is awesome! id be wearing a glove as well :):)

She has never tried to bite me, but she will make a mess of your arms with her claws.
My wife is just like that. Although I do'nt need gloves yet.

Welcome to the site Contagious. Love the pic of that awesome looking beast.

I don't know where to start-i probably have enough pictures to eat up all the sites bandwith. I assume you don't want to see stuff like JCP's and Beardies. So how about one of my favorites. The Indigo snake is the largest native snake in north america and protected by federal and state laws. I can't even own this serpent in the state of Florida even though it slithers through my back yard.

As far as people getting sick of JCP etc. I don't think anyone on this site gets sick of looking at quality animals. It would interesting to see yours.

shamous1 said:
Keep them coming. Nice shot. What are you using? How venomous is this snake?
This snake is non-venomous. Florida has only a few native "hots":
Eastern Diamond back Rattler
Water moccasin
Eastern Coral snake-our only native elapid
Dusky Pygmy Ratller
Southern Copperhead-looks nothing like your copperhead

we have a couple rear fanged that are of no danger to humans:
Eastern Hognose and crowned snake.

shamous1 said:
Pretty mean looking snake. With a bit of venom it would be right at home here in OZ. :)

They are VERY docile, but voracious feeders. Captive bred animals outside of Florida often go for more than $1000.00. If I ever move -This animal will be top of my list as federal permits are pretty easy to get compared to state.

Brilliant shot, sure does look like a ven, nice snake.

That asian thing looks like a Perentie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back