hello APS

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickvelez

Reaction score
Hi I'm nickvelez.I live in Spain. I keep many snakes and other herps. I have in my collection some Aussie pythons. Last year i achieved a goal after 10 years of waiting, getting my first pair of diamonds. I'm particularly interested in your discussions on diamond husbandry and accomodation. All my Morelia are bred in Europe, does that mean I should post them as exotics or Aussie species pythons?

Welcome!

Of all of Europe Spain would be the first place I would go back to! (You have got to love a country where the wine is cheaper to buy than potable water ;-) )

Do you keep your diamond's outside? Much of Spain's climate would be conducive to them thriving when being kept outside.

hello Nick,

Welcome to aps.

You should post about your diamonds in the aussie snakes not exotics.

I live in the area where they are found in the wild, and we in Australia are damn proud of our snakes.

Post some pics of your collection, as you will find out WE ALL LOVE PICS on this site.

:lol: PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN :lol: theres your first of many.

Cheers

Hi nickvelez, welcome. What kind of snakes (appart from diamonds) do you have? :)

thanks for the welcome.
herptrader said:
got to love a country where the wine is cheaper to buy than potable water ;-) .
Not a real wino then?
herptrader said:
Do you keep your diamond's outside? Much of Spain's climate would be conducive to them thriving when being kept outside.
I've had them inside since I got them last Oct but they've been cooling. I can see an aviary is in order.
da_donkey said:
we in Australia are damn proud of our snakes.
and quite rightly so. Australia also has the most amazing lizards in my view.
jnglgrl said:
What kind of snakes (appart from diamonds) do you have?
I keep some Corallus (treeboas), Epicrates(rainbow boas), Sanzinia(treeboas), Leiopython, Bothrochilius,Morelia,Python and a few ratsnakes. You'll see!

I've been very impressed with the site and some of the amazing pics. Great to see you guys doing the business down there.

Hola! Welcome to the site mate, as has already been said, we'd love to see pics of you're collection!

Nick,
Whereabouts are you? I'll be visiting the mother in law in The Alicante/Valencia region in June and may well need some respite! I'm looking forward to chasing some Lacertids though.
Bob

nickvelez said:
thanks for the welcome.
herptrader said:
got to love a country where the wine is cheaper to buy than potable water ;-) .
Not a real wino then?

I think I was about 15 when I was camping along the mediteranian coast. At the camping ground a 700ml bottle of red, with a crown seal was 26 pesatas and a litre bottle of drinking water was 40 pesatas. In those days AU$1 = 100 Pesatas. (We are talking 30 years ago.) I cannot say I drank a lot of red wine but that I did drink I enjoyed. Mind you on a sunny afternoon a big round loaf of crusty bread, a bottle fo red and some good cheese and I am pretty much set ;-)

The other dish I enjoyed was garlic soup served with a fresh egg dropped in the middle to poach... yummo!!! I remember the taste like it was yesterday.

... and at night in the camp ground they opened a little cafe (tiny actually) that served the best expresso coffee.

I guess I could say that Spain shaped the culinary preferences for the rest of my life! Worse things could happen.

I'm near Malaga Bob, about 40kms NE. You'll probably find the spanish herps a bit disappointing, but hey you enjoy the difference. I'd best start up a thread of spanish herps eh! One of the things you guys don't get are newts and salamanders. there're some interesting ones to be found in damper parts of the country.

herptrader, there's plenty to be said for enjoying the cuisine whilst travelling. Did you see many herps in your travels?

Herptrader, that sounds divine!

Welcome Nick.

I look forward to seeing some pics of your crew.Hope you enjoy hanging out here with us.

Cheers, Lily

Nick,
I've been to Spain several times over the years. Last time was in the summer of 2003 when we visited Madrid for a few days and every one was over 42 degrees ! I'd be careful about keeping Diamonds outside down Malaga way. They are found on the relatively mild coastal strip of NSW with weather typical of the Sydney/Newcasle area. Although we do get some hot days (it was over 44C on New Years day)such days are not that common. Generally hot summer days are 30-36C. I know how hot it can be in southern Spain -we get the odd hot day whereas you can get hot periods for longer,so I'd be a little cautious.
Oh but the way when you live here European stuff is exciting and vise versa! I'll never forget the time I nearly stacked a bike in Greece when a baby tortoise trotted across the road.
Think of me Herptrader in June - Rioja in hand!

Take care
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back