Hello Everyone

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunco

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just joined this awesome forum. Got my first childrens python last sunday fed her wednesday she didnt hesitate which was good so I guess shes happy in her new home. She is however pretty defensive when I pick her up. My first attempt was not a good success...Last night I was nervous as hell she slipped out of my hand ( a few inches from the floor) but enough for her to get mad....she rose up in an awesome but scary display of being angry which I completely understood. I put her back into her enclosure an left her alone. Today I picked her up and she was a little unsure at first but after a few mins of letting her fear subside she moved around my hand very relaxed so that made me happy to know shes happy :)

Question: Is it normal for babies to be jumpy/defensive? I just want to do everything right for her.

Thanks guys

Welcome mate.

Yes, it is normal for hatchies to get nervous, because in the wild it's eat or be eaten, so everything is food or threat.

Welcome to the best Reptile Forum going [MENTION=42215]Shunco[/MENTION], it would be nice to see some pics of your new acquisition when it has settled down enough for you to take some, it is very interesting to see the way other peoples snakes and lizards are growing, it is almost like they are your own lol. :) .......................Ron

Thanks mate, Will do

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome mate.

Yes, it is normal for hatchies to get nervous, because in the wild it's eat or be eaten, so everything is food or threat.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Young snakes are usually defensive, she should calm down with age. so yeah, normal. Looking forward to pics, and welcome to APS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back