Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mandy

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi im Mandy. new here.....just thought id pop by to let you all know who i am. i really can't think of what to say now. I live in a small nsw town called Lismore *sigh*. im 16. im really into the fashion/beauty scene. and one of my dreams is to start my own punk rock label. Ive also ALWAYS loved reptiles, and have been hounding my maa about getting a snakey since i could talk. and she has only just agreed on me buying myself one for xmas, but ONLY if i get my own freezer, as shes disgusted in the idea of having dead rats in hers :lol:

so.....HI!

G'day Mandy, Good ta have you here, when your get your snake post a pick of it.

What type are you looking for?

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought it was an add for Chris and Marie's plant farm..... :)

Welcome Mandy. We all look forward to seeing pics of your snake when you get it :)

thanks all!

um ummm. i wanted a green tree python, until i saw the price tag. so then i found the gold & black jungles and wanted one of them, until i saw the price tag. so at the mo, i want a big fat red bredli who is pretty and i will name Dr. Dre haha

Welcome...

Welcome Mandy,

I know Lismore! (Well I have been there...once :roll: ) I have a very dear friend who went to Uni there & now works there.

That is great news about finally convincing your Ma to let you have a snake (she will soon see how much easier thay are tp take care of than more "conventional" pets!)

Please post a photo of your new baby when you get him/her. Do you know how old it will be? What are you planning on doing for an enclosure?

I can totally understand your mum's objection to having dead mice/rats in her freezer! I don't like having them in mine (right next to the mince & chops!) but I don't have the room to have a seperate freewzer just for them. I wrap the baggie containing the mice in a non-see through plastic bag & keep it as far from immediate sight as possible. :)

Anyway, welcome once again I hope you enjoy this site as much as we have so far.

Regards,

Kath

diamond_python said:
and i will name Dr. Dre haha

Thats my kind of girl. We finally have someone on the site who is into Rap :) :)
oh god yes....50 cent posters all over the walls. check
ahaha

check my avatar. I have been into rap music for almost as long as you have been alive :) Even hung out with Naughty by Nature a couple of years ago :)

Welcome...

KathandStu said:
Welcome Mandy,

I know Lismore! (Well I have been there...once :roll: ) I have a very dear friend who went to Uni there & now works there.

That is great news about finally convincing your Ma to let you have a snake (she will soon see how much easier thay are tp take care of than more "conventional" pets!)

Please post a photo of your new baby when you get him/her. Do you know how old it will be? What are you planning on doing for an enclosure?

I can totally understand your mum's objection to having dead mice/rats in her freezer! I don't like having them in mine (right next to the mince & chops!) but I don't have the room to have a seperate freewzer just for them. I wrap the baggie containing the mice in a non-see through plastic bag & keep it as far from immediate sight as possible. :)

Anyway, welcome once again I hope you enjoy this site as much as we have so far.

Regards,

Kath
Oh really? i bet you had the time of your life when you visited lismore?! did you check out the drug addicts toilets? haaha omg, i hate it here!

oh i'll pimp the pics all over the place when i FINALLY get a snake! i'll be so proud, im sure. um age. i love big snakes, that look all mean and scary. so i was thinking of getting an adult, but they are just too cute as babies...so not sure. but i have been looking around for enclosures lately, and not quite sure how to get one from around here...maybe just a huge fish tank. but then i have no clue how to add all the heating/lighting things myself :|

yeah mum doesn't have much of an idea. she asked me in the car the other day, if she will have to put her good ornamets away, because she was scared the snake might eat them...WTF, i couldn't stop laughing :lol:

diamond_python said:
check my avatar. I have been into rap music for almost as long as you have been alive :) Even hung out with Naughty by Nature a couple of years ago :)
luckylucky. i live and breathe electro/house as well...anything with a good beat

Check the web sites for your enclosure Mandy. There are some real bargains out there. We have a for sale section on this site.

i know, ive been drooling over some bredlis in there ha.

yeah mum doesn't have much of an idea. she asked me in the car the other day, if she will have to put her good ornamets away, because she was scared the snake might eat them...WTF, i couldn't stop laughing
Hey Mandy. If you're anything like me, your snake will be out of it's enclosure and cruising round the house any time it pleases. ATM there is a Children's python beside my kitchen sink, a diamond in my underwear drawer and a 3m coastal carpet keeping an eye on things from the top of my bookshelf! The real problem with ornaments is them knocking stuff over! My fave diamond once even broke an antique wine glass!

Anyways, welcome! I'm Lily.

Newbie!

Hi Mandy,

Well I don't want to say sucked in on your first post but I have been to Lismore several times as my in-laws live at Goolmangar and my sister in-law lived at Dunoon (she has since moved intpo the thriving township itself). It was awful everytime I went and the mother in-law keeps nagging us to get away from the City it is dangerous (blah, blah ,balh and we could all die of boredum in Lismore).

Anyway welcome and there is always someone to yak to here on this site. If you need help setting up your enclosure or doing it on the cheap let us know as there are different options available depending on cash and space.

If you need a friendly ear to bash on about living in Lismore just PM me! :lol:

lol i'll be sure to pm you anytime i need to bitch about lismore possum :lol:

reptililian said:
Hey Mandy. If you're anything like me, your snake will be out of it's enclosure and cruising round the house any time it pleases. ATM there is a Children's python beside my kitchen sink, a diamond in my underwear drawer and a 3m coastal carpet keeping an eye on things from the top of my bookshelf! The real problem with ornaments is them knocking stuff over! My fave diamond once even broke an antique wine glass!

Anyways, welcome! I'm Lily.
i would be scared my snake would find some way of getting out. it used to take me forever to find my bearded dragon when i let him run around the house :x

It's a frightening experience the first time but once your snake has been out once you'll want to get it out all the time! :twisted:

And the bigger they are, the easier they are to spot! Plus, you soon learn the places they like to head to.

:shock: Did you say you were 16 Mandy? A couple of months younger afro and the police would be bustin your door down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back