hello im a noob

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreliaman said:
Am i the only one thats reading the topic post as saying/meaning something else ?? hello im a noob !!! :lol:

ello milky...welcome to the nuthouse ! :wink:

I was actually gonna post "Hi! I'm in the nude also! :p "...but I didn't 8)

Surfcop24 said:
Azztech.... Wouldnt a heat mat under 1/3 - 1/2 the enclosure be better to get some temp gradient??? Over as protected globe that is???

think about it... how is a properly placed heatlamp any different to a heatmat, if the animal craves heat, it will bask under the lamp.

Hey Mate! Welcome!

I dont think there is anything wrong with housing your snake in a glass tank. My new bredli hatiche is in one, but I have 2 hides, one on the coldest side of the tank, and another above the heat mat. But there is also lots of fake plants in there for cover as well. Just make sure the snake can move from one place to another, without feeling too much in the open. It is also in the quietest room in the house.

A lot of the time she is happily sitting on the branches or near her waterbowl, so I think she is quite happy :)

here is a pic of my tank...the top is also mesh.

When she gets bigger, I will install a heat globe.

Hi Milky
Best idea NOT to use fibre glass insulation around your tank, as would not be good for your snake. Get yourself a thermometer and keep your little guy at 30c at the hot end with either a heat mat or heat globe and i would reduce the amount of ventilation you have with an ajustable cover or something and connect your heat source to a thermastat so you have automatic regulation of temps.Move your tank away from the door as drafts can make temps irregular in the tank and drafts are'nt that good for your little guy to be expossed to,feed the little every 7 days with appropriate sized meals and start recording all meals and sheds in a record book so you can see his progress.

That should keep you going for a while.

Congo

CONGO.... I apologise if I made you guys think about fibreglass insulation... I meant the paper sorta stuff... light blue on one side and metalic on the other......

AZZTECH..... I though a heat lamp would more likely heat up most of a small enclosure because of the movement of air as it's heated in the enclosure... I'm not saying anyone's wrong... just a thought......

INSULATION AS IN AT THE FAR END OF THE ENCLOSURE IN THE PIC.... (WAS ENCLOSURE FOR TWO 4 MONTH OLD COASTALS)

That's cool surfcop, and yes that insulation would be alright to use - good idea actually and by the way was'nt attacking you in anyway just voicing my opion.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back