Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ReptileImperium

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi there everyone just wanted to say hello I have just found this forum and have been reading a few of the post's on the forum and think it is very well set up and yer I guess would be a good place to find like minded people who love Australia's reptile's as much as I do.
I can't say that I have any python's or any other reptiles at the moment :( but am hoping to start my own collection in the next 6 month's. At the moment I am just reading as much as I can and trying to learn and find out the do's and don't when it comes to handling and keeping reptile's so that I know I will be able to keep the reptile's I get happy and health.

So thanx for your time and I hope to get to know you soon take care for now :D...;)...

welcome mate, good luck
everybody loves a bloke whos keen on his research before he gets a pet/starts a hobby. stick to what your doing mate and you cant go too far wrong. what are you thinking of getting as a first snake? BHP (black headed python) im guessing?

welcome, have fun researching, when you think you've decided what you'd like as your first, i bet you change your mind a few times before actually purchasing, and then a year down the track you;ll have all on your wish list anyway

Your guess would be right syeph8 I would like to get a Black headed python to start off with then as time goes by to slowly increase my collection.
And you are also right Jaxrtfm my wish list does change every five minutes and it gets bigger as well lol.

My python wish list...
1.Black headed python.
2.Woma python.
3.Pygmy python.
4.Water python.
5.Coastal carpet python.

My lizard wish list...
1.Bearded dragon.
2.Boyd's Rainforest Dragon.
3.Water dragon.

My monitor wish list...
1.Lace monitor.

So basically in a few years I hope to have my own reptile park. Boy what a dreamer hay lol.

Last edited:
What no Darwins, ? ? ? i thought everyone aspired to have an Albino Darwin.....

New python wish list...
1.Black headed python.
2.Woma python.
3.Pygmy python.
4.Water python.
5.Coastal carpet python.
6.Albino Darwin python.
7.scrub python.

I'm sorry Jaxrtfm and Kristy_07 I don't know what I was thinking ;p

Wat the??? No black n white jungles?? Or no jungles?????

New python wish list...
1.Black headed python.
2.Woma python.
3.Pygmy python.
4.Water python.
5.Coastal carpet python.
6.Albino Darwin python.
7.scrub python.

I'm sorry Jaxrtfm and Kristy_07 I don't know what I was thinking ;p

not even a single colubrid like the common tree snake or the brown tree snake(the two coolest ones)?and no jungles either? or green tree pythons? (never enquire as to the price, current or future, of these snakes on this site... you have been warned) i tell you what mate, get your list in order! :p
and if you want an even more impressive wishlist go things like the northern tree snake and the oenpelli python just to give you something to aspire to like 20 years down the track if both species arent extinct by then. :p

hi i also send out a welcome as im a newby too not even a week yet.
you'll probably have your brood started sooner than u think. we have had a liceince 4 just over 5 years and cant beleive how easy it is to set up. esspecially if ur starting with a hatchling. here we were thinkin we need the massive and sometimes expensive setup, then two days ago we see instructions 4 a click clack, and 2 day we picked up our first python, a hatchling stimson!!!
so have fun its addictive

LOL I know my wish list is all mixed up at the moment and it will of course change as time goes bye.
I have seen the post about the whole green tree python pricing post so I know not to bother about asking the prices of pythons on the forum.

One question I do have are the tree snakes venomous at all ?

hahahah yet another sometimes controversial question if you are asking about the common tree snake and the northern tree snake. simple answer. no. they are harmless. no1 has ever been recorded to have ever even had a mild allergic reaction to a bite which leads me to believe that they have either no venom, or way of introducing it. i think both, but have heard people say they do have the glands, but lack the fangs. i have never seen a rear fang on a common tree snake and have never been close enough to a northern to actually look for one. brown tree snakes are mildly venomous, but could not kill a human if it pumped everything it had into you, unless you were allergic. long story short, you are more at risk of being killed by seafood, nuts, penicillin or bees than you are of a brown tree snake bite, but be careful if you do get bitten just in case.

Hey dude, welcome to the site. As mentioned you list will probably change a bit and probably get bigger, so dont rush into getting a heap of boring pythons. I would suggest keeping colubrids further down the track and keeping smaller or less bitey goannas before getting a lacy.

they are harmless. no1 has ever been recorded to have ever even had a mild allergic reaction to a bite which leads me to believe that they have either no venom, or way of introducing it. .

They arnt worth worrying about, but they have venom glands and an effective delivery system for their prey(frogs). The venom is quite toxic but very little can be delivered to a human, especially with a defensive bite. Green ants are venomous, jumping spiders are venomous etc. doesnt mean they are harmful or fatal, which is a common misconception about the word venomous.

They arnt worth worrying about, but they have venom glands and an effective delivery system for their prey(frogs). The venom is quite toxic but very little can be delivered to a human, especially with a defensive bite. Green ants are venomous, jumping spiders are venomous etc. doesnt mean they are harmful or fatal, which is a common misconception about the word venomous.

im pretty open minded on this topic and not to detract from this thread, if you could PM me any evidence of this or of studies of this it would be appreciated as i get asked this question a lot.. and there seem to only be very hazy answers. the more factual research i do the better i feel answering this question in a short precise manner :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back