Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick666

Reaction score
Hi, my name is mick I'm from kalgoorlie wa. I often go searching in the desert for reptiles and hopefully will upload some pics in the near future. I found this website to be a good place to identify lizards and snakes so I decided to join.

Hey Mick! WELCOME TO APS! It will surely be a great place to identify the cuties you find :D So many people with great knowledge of herps ;) Do you own any reptiles of your own?

I don't have any reptiles yet but I'm looking at getting some dragons or geckos in the near future. Maybe a python if I can talk my wife into it.

hello and welcome :)
looking forward to seeing some pics

Hey mick!
welcome to APS ,you will find everything you need to know and more here.
there many people on this site who have fantastic knowledge of reptiles in the wild and in captivity. There may be some people who just waste your time but most ,myself included, will more then willing to help ,that I can promise you,. Though sometimes we may get off topic but we will get back on topic and answer your question.
I'm a lizard keeper ,I'm starting to get into snakes,. I got my first medium sized reptile when I was 5 and I've been keeping medium reps ever since but I prfer and favor the small species especially geckos and pygopods. I recommend a bearded dragon for beginner keepers even though a gecko or pygopod sounds like something for a beginner a few of them aren't. They are fragile ,some have speciall requirements in diet and habitat especially some of the tropical and desert species ,such as the burtons which only eats other lizards. However if you want one I would suggest a common species like the 'marbled gecko or the ,introduced, 'Asian house gecko' for geckos and the 'common scaly foot' for pygopods. Again welcome.

Hope this has helped kindest regards
Reptiles4me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back