Hello !!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jnglgrl

Reaction score
Hello people, my names Bianca and im new to all of this. I dont as yet have my python but ill have him very shortly (as soon as he's paid off) I do have a few picks which ill put up so you's can all tell me what you think. His names Anubis and he's a jungle carpet, male, im not quite sure how old he is but ill ask the pet shop next time, he is only a baby thogh. He's realy, realy nippy to but from what ive read he just needs to be handled more often. Any advise anyone could give me before I get him (and after) would be very much appreciated.
I hope you all had a wonderfull christmas,
Thanks everyone, Bianca. :)
p.s Sorry pics are bad quality but they where taken wiyh my phone

They are realy bad pics I know, but you can kind of see his markings and that.

Hi and welcome!!

jnglgrl said:
He's realy, realy nippy to but from what ive read he just needs to be handled more often.

He'll also need plenty of time to himself. Too much handling will stress the animal.

serpenttongue said:
Hi and welcome!!

jnglgrl said:
He's realy, realy nippy to but from what ive read he just needs to be handled more often.

He'll also need plenty of time to himself. Too much handling will stress the animal. Give him a few weeks without handling to get settled and then start with a bit of handling

Hi and welcome!!

jnglgrl said:

He'll also need plenty of time to himself. Too much handling will stress the animal. Give him a few weeks without handling to get settled and then start with a bit of handling

How long should he be handled for a day? If every day, and how long is to long? He only gets handled once a week at the moment. I got told not to put him back until he settles down, is that right?

some people here will tell you not to handle your animal at all, and some will handle them excessively, its up to personal prefences but if you want to handle him, don't rush into it, one every 3-4 days for 10-15 mins should be ok to start with then if you feel the need, handle a little more often every few days, but like serpenttongue said they can stress out if handled too much, all the best with your new snake and welcome

Hi jnglgrl,
Most hatchlings are bitey.....remember when they hatch out of the egg in the wild....there is every predator known to man that wants to eat them......they have to defend themselves or they are eaten.
We only handle our hatchlings once a week to clean out their cage and then they are only held. They will naturally calm down.
We have a pair of bredl's that were treated in this way and they are the most docile, gorgeous things and you can just go into their cage and take them out without them biting.
Like everyone says, they will stress and stop eating and then you will really know what stress is.
Congratulations and welcome!

Fay

welcome friend.....
your snake is quite a piece....
good on you. basically handle it every 3-4 days as it is a hatchling.
as it gets older you can handle it alot more...
you could probably handle it everyday for 10 mins or so....
(carpets can cop a flogging),but give it it's space.
carpet pythons can get nippy, but thats just carpets,you will get used
to it...
good luck with your lil baby.

Thanx for your replies every1, I wont be handeling him much now that I know not to :mrgreen:
Gday Jnglgrl,
How you doing?
Jungleboy
PS, you can take the "special" price tag off ur enclosure now
:D Lol jungleboy I dont have him yet. That "special" tags for some beardies ( I wish he was on special) :(
:)

Welcome jnglgrl.

LOVE his name... Anubis, Ancient Egypt's jackel-headed god, right? Nice!

APS is mostly good, but a little bit bad also cos you find out about the existence of all these other critters that you never even knew existed, and fall in love and want them too! How about those adorable gekkys! Add those to the list! :D And if I'm feeling a bit blue, logging on and checking out the pics of everyone's dragons ALWAYS gives me a lift! :D

Cheers, Lily

Welcome jnglgrl 2 the site. Where abouts in melb r u from.

Thanx Lily, Anubis is ancient Egypts jackel headed god. And those gekkos, they're so cute I cant help looking at them all the time :D

redline, im near lillydale. Do you know of any rodent breeders in my vicinity? :) Are you near lillydale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back