Help. Eggs going green

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond_Dan

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey im needing some guidence. I have a clutch of jungle eggs in the incubator. Initially a few went green and smelly and they were removed. Now there is 5 more with green slimy areas on them. I have tried foot powder. Incubator is at 31 degrees. Fan inside. Opened every 3 days for air. I am going to seperate the good/suspected eggs in different containers now with new vermiculite now.

I would appreciate your thoughts very much

Whats the mixture like. If its too wet it could be creating the problem.
If there is no moisture 'dripping onto' or collecting on the eggs then they might just not be strong enough to survive.
Normally 'good' eggs change very little in the right environment until a week or 2 before they are due to hatch.

Going off subject a bit but Paul has covered this thread with the available information, like to see a photo of the incubation setup.
Just bought a couple of USB 5V fans cheap from JB Hi Fi, much more air flow than the computer fans often used in incubators and easy to place on their stands. I don't need them now as most of my eggs have hatched but good for next season.
IMG_0050.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back