HELP fight back against the attack on reptile keeping in Qld

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get where your coming from ,but its like i said ,they are all doing it at the same time .All put the worst proposals forward first that they know are unworkable and in the end each state will roughly double the fees which is what its all about ,just revenue and legitamising the actions to get it done. In queensland they will just give the fees a big lift and throw a few bones and those in the firing line will think the big bad ranger has gone away ,always put the worst scenario first and the starving peasants think the end result is not so bad :)
once again I can only say "FIGHT BACK"

I was discussing this with a lady from PALM yesterday after making some enquires in regards to my permit etc who I've had the pleasure of dealing with a few times (all good reasons) and she has always been great!
"I'm confused by all the new licensing bullsh*t"
She informed me that this should all be coming into affect next year as far as they are aware however, as I am currently renewing my permit due to it expiring soon, I will continue to operate under current conditions for the next 5 years.
…. Depending on when permits are due to expire, it may even be worth renewing to get the extra time.

once again I can only say "FIGHT BACK"
Hi D lover ,while your here mate ,dou you know whats happening with NSW OEH in regards to the licensing these days ,cant find any updates from the HCN ,last was march and ime thinking they may be held captive at hurstville being fed on chocolate teddys in a dungeon while watching replays of skippy the bush kangaroo.

Hi D lover ,while your here mate ,dou you know whats happening with NSW OEH in regards to the licensing these days ,cant find any updates from the HCN ,last was march and ime thinking they may be held captive at hurstville being fed on chocolate teddys in a dungeon while watching replays of skippy the bush kangaroo.
Hey Kyle I haven't heard a word from HCN either, I know a couple of the guys are busy ATM trying to twist their arms over mammals. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten about reptiles because they are both breeders. I'll see if I can get an update from 1 of them.

Hey Kyle I haven't heard a word from HCN either, I know a couple of the guys are busy ATM trying to twist their arms over mammals. I'm pretty sure they haven't forgotten about reptiles because they are both breeders. I'll see if I can get an update from 1 of them.
Thanks D Lover :)

Apparently everything to do with the license review was sent upstairs before the election and nothing has happened since,typical boofocrats
Probably be best for us financially if they did nothing for a few more years , i expect they are considering doubling up on fees as in south australia and if so i may go back to a basic license anyway .

I don’t think fees will go up if the perks don’t go up with them, it’ll just encourage more illegal keeping

I think the OEH was scared into backing off because of the sheer number of people protesting.
It remains to be seen if the same happens in other states as I don't think they had the same volume of complaints but all reptile keepers need to get active or else we will all suffer in the end as 1 state after another will take the ambivalence as acceptance

I think the OEH was scared into backing off because of the sheer number of people protesting.
It remains to be seen if the same happens in other states as I don't think they had the same volume of complaints but all reptile keepers need to get active or else we will all suffer in the end as 1 state after another will take the ambivalence as acceptance
They anticipated the response from all the parties involved ,its government and they always put out the worst scenarios first ,its the computer programmes that would have to be up and running .The proposals such as a sellers license for online selling would not work ,neither would quotas on animal sales which is why south australia didnt go that way. I would have loved to put reptiles etc in for tax as i could also claim right offs ,but you need really big volumes and theres very few in NSW these days that could do it

They don't consider all scenario's before they open their mouth, because they simply don't understand how complex a situation is.
If it went on tax records they would be paying me every year, I spend thousands and get back a few bucks. My reptile business would be a total write off, if I was in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back