help locating Mulberry tree in the Liverpool area

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marlinman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I am wanting to get some silk worms breeding to feed to my beardies but need to locate a good supply of mulberry leaves first, does anyone know of any Mulberry trees in either the Liverpool or Blacktown areas of Sydney?

Not in blacktown/Liverpool, but I know of some in a park in penrith. If u want the location just send me a pm. I'll double check they still have leaves etc when I'm at work tomorrow

you need alot of leaves... we did the whole silkworm thing at kinder this year. I was really interested in breeding my own, l i can't source enough leaves to feed from egg to moth..
Be careful taking from Parks and stuff as alot of councils spray to keep bugs away and this can kill your silkworms and also, some councils "frown" upon removing leaves and things from park etc,
just make sure your area doesnt fine you

google silkworms there is a company here that sells the silkworms as well as a paste you make up to feed them, she also has a good 'tut' on how to breed silkworms, very fiddly and you have to let the eggs sit in the fridge for 3 months before letting them hatch

not sure if its ok to say her name or not but google 'peaceful silkworms'

I have a big tree full of leaves your welcome to come grab as many as you want but I'm out in kenthurst area, give me a pm if your keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back