Help needed!!!! My scorpion had babies!!! :)))

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa5

Reaction score
I opened up my scorpion's enclosure today and noticed there were heaps of baby scorpions on her back. I did not even know that she was pregnant as when I bought her she was an adult.
If anyone is able to offer any information on what I should do to look after my scorpion as well as the babies as I have not been expecting this at all and have not had the chance to look up any information on this.

When it comes to inverts, richoman is..uh..the man. Probably best to pm him,I'm sue he'll have a stack of good info for you.

Head over to inverts.com.au for help. Richoman is mainly into Pedes, he has some scorps but don't think he's had much experience with breeding them.

congratz! alot of the adult females will be gravid around this time of the year, as they are mostly wildcaught.
what species are they?
are the bubs still white?, if they are white they are still first instar and must stay on their mothers back untill they hit 2nd instar (you will know as they colour up and leave their mothers back), when they leave her back seperate them into little containers (i use sauce containers) and feed them pinhead crickets. after the bubs leave her back than you can feed her, try not to stress her out too much while she has the bubs on her back!
also, chuck in a little bit of leaf litter so they bubs have somewhere to hide as soon as they get off her back :)
ryan i do breed scorps, mainly buthids, had 2 lychas marmerous pop yesterday !

Last edited:
Thanks richoman, so we leave them with mum until they change colour? Do we feed mum when she has the bubs on her back? I'm worried that she will eat the babies otherwise. We got her last Sept and just assumed she was a he, lol! She is a cercophonius squama (mid north coast location).

They will crawl off mums back when they are ready, its best not to feed mum when she has the bubs, as soon as you seperate them feed her.
yeah squamas get VERY fat so its hard to tell when they are gravid, to sex squamas, males have a small orange bump in the inside of their claws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back