HELP NEEDED with eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cris

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Some of my spencers monitor eggs are starting to have mould or something grow on them, what is the best way of fixing this? I have already taken out the bad ones and changed the perlite. The eggs are fertile too.

Here are some pics.

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 42
  • egg 3.jpg
    egg 3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 44
i know vinegar kills mould so maybe that could work

Cris, wipe it away with a damp cloth, then put some Tinaderm powder on it (TrueBlue's advice) or you can wipe lemon juice on it (Doc Rock's advice). Both methods should help keep the mould away.

i know vinegar kills mould so maybe that could work
:shock: DO NOT under any circumstance use vinegar !!! what i did with the clutch of eggs i have atm was manually remove the mould with a slightly damp rag (gently) it grew back with in two days so i cleaned them again the same way and have had none grow back so it could take a couple of go s.

plus i remember a primary school experiment where you submerge a chickens egg in vingar and all thats left is the soft membrane and the insides.

i dunno about snake eggs cos ive never seen one but i wouldnt risk it!

remember vinegar is also called acetic ACID.

Thanks, is that just mould though?

I'm not exactly sure what it is (mould or fungus i presume), but it can't be good for the egg (obviously). Are you having any humidity problems in the tub, or was that egg perhaps touching a bad one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back