Help needed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchdiamond

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello
I'm in need of some help.
In another thread I had the problem that my male Diamond python had a bone from a chicken neck stuck in his throat.There hasn't been much process in that digesting.
I took him to the vet today.It seems that it is stuck now and he possibly needs surgery as soon as possible or he will soon die.
The total cost of the surgery would be between $400 and around $800.
My parents don't have that kind of money at the moment and me being only 14 I dont have that kind of money.
Does anyone have any kind of work that I could do to earn some money?
Mitch

Ask the vet that if he can do the work that you will work off the $$ at the surgery, cleaning, moping floors, etc.. might work??

I will probably see if I can do some work at the vet to pay off the cost of the surgery.
Sorry I don't know how to make web sites.

try some of your friends parents if they have any jobs you can do or something like that

Maybe squeeze lemons?

Nah, seriously try canvasing your neighbors etc and see if the want there cars washed,(maybe a bit hard with water restrictions) lawns mowed etc.Just make sure it's not like that old lady on the Simpsons that gives Bart 50c for all the yard work!!!

Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm just trying to find a way to get money in 2-3 days.
It's hard because I have school tommorow.

I don't think I will be able to come up with that kinda money it 2-3 days as it's needed.
I might need to sell other herps soon sadly.

I'm not familiar with vets and animal surgery.... but is there anyway they can organise a payment plan? I know it sounds unlikely... but maybe it's worth asking them? Especially if you say you'll get a system where a little bit of your/ your parents pay goes into their account every week until it's paid off? Just a thought i can imagine how frustrating it must be.

just explain the situation to the vet i guess and see what they say. All vets love animals (i would think) and wouldnt put one at risk over money especially when its a 14year old kid trying to pay for it and offering to work it off at the surgery.

The lady that was at the front counter was very demanding about the payments.
She said they don't have a payment plan.
You have to pay in full when you get the snake.
It would be hard to do a payment plan as it's like $50 a day for care.
I'll get my mum to ask if i can do work around the vet clinic when they call tommorow.

see if you can get a loan from the bank or cash converters lol or just a relative

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back