HELP! Snakes trying to eat itself!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SO GLAD to hear that the little snake is ok! :D Thanks for letting us know.

OMG, I had no idea that pythons could go like a shark once their 'feeding switch' is turned on. Its sobering to know that they can end up attacking and trying to eat themselves. :shock: Its good to know that washing can help alleviate this. I agree that this needs to be made a sticky (with a 'preamble' to explain why the thread is a sticky and that it isn't current),so others will know what to do when faced with a similar circumstance.

That's hilarious Moose :lol: ,considering all turned out well with this thread. (Poor sick snake though :?)

Washing would help but this happened not even a minute after finishing his fuzzie.
So I think he was still hungry, could still smell the mouse and saw his body move and had a taste.
Quite silly of him, I think he may be a little spesh :) :p

Washing would help but this happened not even a minute after finishing his fuzzie.
So I think he was still hungry, could still smell the mouse and saw his body move and had a taste.
Quite silly of him, I think he may be a little spesh :) :p

Surely you dont mean wash your snake after every feed:shock: My bredli and coastal girls get really switched on after a feed, I aint washing them (unless this happens then I will;):D but only at the time)

Hope it all works out, did the feed move down afterwards? I was thinking it might regurg if it was a food problem. Keep us posted, thanks for sharing, interesting senario.

Surely you dont mean wash your snake after every feed:shock:
yeah i was trying to point that out by how quickly he got himself after finishing the fuzzie.
He moved the food further down, and it looked nice and settled this morning.

hey moose noose do you (or anyone) know what breed that snake is in your pic?

Is it the mysterious "Sri Lanken self eating snake"?

Sounds like it's all good then:D Reckon I would freak as well if that happened to me (or one of my snakes;))

Here's a pic of him last night.. Poor quality but it gives you an idea what happened..

yarra eating himself.jpg

Well the little fella shed last night, So after not seeing the warning signs (ie mily eyes etc) it may also have had an impact as to why he may of bitten himself.

My womas can get worked up when it's feeding time and miss the rat and bite themself, they let go after about 2 seconds as they realised that it was probably hurting them lol, I've never seen any of my other snakes really do it though. It's good that he's okay though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back