Help with 4 month old baby water dragon diet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Colbert

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, today I bought two Hatchie water Dragons 4 months old.

Could anyone tell me if I can feed them live mealyworms?

I appreciate your advice and time

You can but and I wouldn't do it as a staple. I think they can be addictive and I don't think their exoskeletons digest as well. Maybe another owner can clarify?

I've been feeding my 3 month old small dusted crickets and roaches for the past month and he loves them. If you stick to that diet while trying to encourage vege eating alongside you can't go wrong.

Question: How long are your dragons at 4 months old?

Thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.
They are just over 100mm long approx 120mm

Better off giving woodies or crickets (about 2/3 size) , use the distance between the dragons' eyes as your guide, make sure to dust and gut load with good quality greens and veg , I find RepCal adult bearded dragon pellets are great food source for the crickets.
Other good feeder insects are live silkworms and BSFL (and the their flies).

Reserve the mealworms to use as treats.

Recommend you monitor each dragon's growth by weighing them at the same time once a week.

Better off giving woodies or crickets (about 2/3 size , use the distance between the dragons' eyes as your guide), make sure to dust and gut load with good quality greens and veg , I find RepCal adult bearded dragon pellets are great food source for the crickets.
Other good feeder insects are live silkworms and BSFL (and the their flies).

Reserve the mealworms to use as treats.

Thank you for your time and help. Great information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back