Help with controlling heat. During summer

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KierenTavener12

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I've had my Bredli now just over 3 months. And for the most part had no issues keeping the tanks heat around 32 on the hot side and 24-5 down on the cold side.

If any of you have been watching the news Adelaide where I'm situated has had the coldest last few months and wettest.

Today being warm my tanks cold side is hitting 28-29. And my thermostat is steady at around 31-32 . ( I've got three seperate thermometers to make sure temps are correct)

My issue is how do I to keep the cool side cool. My current and only option is to turn off the heat light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you've got ambient air temps throughout the tank in the mid to high twenties turn off the light and enjoy a smaller power bill than you would have had.

They wont keel over and expire if temps aren't precise all the time.

I've just been switching off the power for everything when the temps hit 30+ and still keeping an air temp of 28 throughout the tank.
ive also put in a (sealed) jar/bottle of water in the tank to provide something cooler for them to wrap around if they really want.

Okay cheers guys that pretty much what I've been doing. Except for tonight I've had my sister switch it all off until I get home. I doubt it'll get to cold and even then she's in shed so hasn't been moving much.

A shed is not ideal for a python in an Adelaide summer, unless it is fully lined and insulated. You might have to consider moving it inside the house over summer.

No she's in shed meaning she's shedding. Haha her tanks in the living room.

That will teach me to read my emails before I'm fully awake lol.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have some soft drink containers filled with water frozen which I put in the cool end on very hot days to create the gradeint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back