help with diy enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rielle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi , we are converting an old tv unit into a enclosure for our female bredli for when she gets bigger.Size is : 134L x 71H x 40W. Seems to be going well but still a few questions and things we need advice on.:?
Heres pic to help ....
IMG_0810.jpg

Is the size ok?
Would be better to provide more space below? ( 2 doors at bottom right of unit) thinking we could leave doors and secure them but put some glass in them. Or is this a waste of space?
We are still unsure of what we will be using to line the interior thinking Malemime. any suggestions?
For the floor of the enclosure we were told tiles are good as they retain heat but I havent seen anyone else use them..also thinking lino ( same as kitchen flooring ) would these work??
And finale ?? We have a heat mat but we are unsure how we will get it in there .. do we say put it imbetween the cabinet and the tiles/ lino ? is this safe ??
Thanks for taking a look and helping out. :)

40 cm is a bit shallow in depth for a full grown Bredl. You can use a good quality paint to seal the interior. No need to line with another substance unless you wish to make the walls thicker. A heat mat would not be sufficient for an enclosure of that size and the required heat setting may burn your snake. If you want to use tiles, you could try some heat cord underneath. I haven't used it myself, but there's an article on the Herp Shop site The Herp Shop - Australia (go to "Links and Care Sheets") about making an enclosure with tile and heat tape. Whatever you use, a good probe thermostat is a wise investment for controlling your heat source. A local glass shop can probably fit sliding glass doors, although these may be expensive. If you buy the heating supplies from Herp Shop, Brian may have further advice. Good luck!

I would not use lino, when it gets hot it may let of fumes and if it gets to hot could cause serious burns to your bredi. I would turn the cabinet at the bottom into a hide or at least one side of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back