HELP! Woma or Jungle!?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jazzybreee

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I already own a Bredli Python and she is just BEAUTIFUL. NEVER struck at a stranger and only bitten me when I had a mouse in my hand prepping for her to eat and she crept up and tried to grab it from me (little bugger!).

My problem is...

I'm afraid if I get a new snake they won't be as calm as my Bredli?

I've heard Jungle's are pretty "bitey" in general...But if you handle them a lot they become as placid as any other python?

But then I've heard Woma's latch on to anything!?

I plan to handle my new baby a couple of times a week and give him/her attention!

Could someone help me out?! :|

I've never had anything to do with Jungles but we just got our first Woma hatchling and she is great. She has only bitten once because she was hungry. Other people I kno who hav womas say that they are very placid snakes. I also hav 2 spotted pythons who are calm and placid and don't bite very often (been ova 2 years since we hav been bitten by them)
So really it depends on how u handle your snake and how often you get them out. Our woma we try and get out once a day and we just reach in and grab her and no problems except when you hav food and she wants it then she may try to grab u.
Hope this helps a bit. I myself hav noticed its really how u handle your snake as to wether they are bitey or not

They are snakes and they bite. Same as us they all have their own personality and no matter what species you can't pick the calm ones from the bitey ones as hatchies. People have stimsons that are bitey and some have scrubbys that don't. I know which one I'd rather be bitten by though. :)

I have one of each and they've both bitten me once (my fault, of course!)

They're both great and you should make the choice based on other factors such as size and requirements - not just which one's more likely to bite.

I've only had woma's I have one that doesn't bite and one that does have only got tagged once cause I'm aware that she will bite even with out striking

I'm quite okay with the size each will grow to and happy to adapt my tank to meet their individual requirements.. I guess after having such a wonderful Bredli I'm a little worried.

I know my Bredli was so perfect with each family member or friend holding her and she was never fussy or angry ... I've heard both good and bad about each snake ... I just wish I could get both!

Woma!!! Cute, attractive, not to big, good feeders, relatively calm and easy to handle and nice personality :)

i love them

I started off with 2 jungles and they're puppies! But now we're about to get a woma! Both are gorgeous snakes. I'd probably recommend a woma though as it will be so different to your bredli in many ways.

I just wish I could get both!

There's no reason you can't :)

I was dead set on a vibrant high yellow jungle as my first snake but had a little sense talked into me by a local breeder who recommended a woma. So I got a woma (and a little experience) and only a few months later got a jungle.

They're both fantastic but I would still recommend a woma over a jungle if you want to "play" with it, as my woma tolerates handling more than my jungle.

Just remember all snakes are different even though we tend to stereotype them a bit and they are not a domesticated pet. We keep wildlife as pets and you should expect a bite if you make a mistake, they don't bite for fun. Also most young snakes are very defensive and may be a lot more likely to bite than a larger snake so you may want to look into possibly a yearling or older if you don't want a defensive snake. I know my woma and my brother in laws woma both went into the defensive s shape and struck at anything that came close as soon as the tub was opened.

I would recommend womas to beginners. If you are worried maybe ask the breeder about the parents and the hatchlings temperments. This will give you an indication of what to expect.

Placid parents are more likely to produce placid offspring.

The majority of mine are super placid and while they don't enjoy handling they tolerate it on the rare occasions I get them out.

Depending on locality of both species size can vary.

I can't comment all that much on jungles but from what I have heard Palmerstons tend to be the ones that give jungles the bad rep.

my jungle is the tamest bloody sook. it really depends on what you want. maybe get into contact with a few people who are selling and ask them about the temperaments and behavior. it really depends on the individual snake.

My woma sleeps all day and you rarely see her.
At night, she's on the move and just wants out. She doesn't mind handling but she loves getting around also.

I know nothing about jungles so I can't help you there.
But as mentioned before, all animals are different and you are comparing two different pythons here.

Find out all you can about them both and decide which one suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back