Help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys i've been watching lots of youtube videos about making a vivarium. I started off with applying the foam background. After i finished i started wondering if i even used the right stuff. I plan on putting either green tree frogs or angle headed dragons. The Foam i used is called Sikabond. Can anyone tell me if it will be harmful for the animal. I still need to coat it in 100% silicon and then the substrate. Any help with be appreciated thanks!

0daa944d-db9b-47c8-9b4d-d8c43a9f9eea.jpg

Hi Jaxon,
Does it say aquarium safe on it anywhere?
Either way once you seal it, I don' think that it'll matter too much, since nothing would be directly affecting the foam.

Once fully cured it is totally inert, and won't harm your animals at all. You'll want to cover it with some natural-looking stuff I guess, but even if you didn't seal it, it would be fine once cured. Mist with a sprayer as it cures (these foams react with atmospheric moisture), and leave for a week or so. Just make sure it doesn't get too hot, most plastics begin to outgas if they overheat, but for normal terrarium temps it will be fine.

Jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back