Hemiaspis signata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't keep em but I was rehabing one that was attacked by a cat last year just b4 christmas.

Is that the black belly swamp snake? dont they have bood clotting or thinning venom?

They cause swelling and tenederness around the bite site as well as the possibility some mild headaches.
Similar situation Jonny. Did you release?

yes, I released it after about a month of care

my friend got bitten by it and suffered zero effects

they are very placid snakes. My friend got tagged while trying to pin it while it was starting the sloughing stage.

I must have it mistaken with another. I know there not lethal though. :oops:

Thats the same as the Marsh snake right?

I used to catch these in my backyard many years ago and play with them but never got bitten. Very placid snake.

Are you able too keep them as pets in Victoria? If yes what lisence is required?

I used to catch them in my backyard, and remove them from neighbours yards, quite regularly. Extremely placid, you can tap them on the nose with out any problem (not that I recommend this with any species of snake!)

Eric Worrell was bitten once by a large specimen many many years ago, and suffered quite badly from it. But from what I understand, bites are very rare. For such an innoffensive little creature, it's a real shame the number that succumb to cats and shovels each year.

:(

Hix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back