Hermit crab(s)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Viridae

Reaction score
This is Goliath, the largest of my hermit crabs and so far the only one I have been able to take a decent photo of.

02_09_07006Goliath.jpg

02_09_07003Goliath.jpg

I have 4. The other three are hiding behind him.

Could you post a picture of the whole setup please?

The second picture basically shows the whole thing. The feed and water dishes are in three of the four corners.

There is 1 fresh water bowl, 1 salt water bowl, 1 food bowl. A [SIZE=-1]Tillandsia caput-medusae[/SIZE] (the plant - its an air plant, so easy to care for. I hate fake plants with a passion) which is attached to a piece of basalt, a piece of mangrove and a piece of driftwood (creates a hidey hole for them as well as something to climb) which is sitting over a depression in the gravel where the exoterra under tank heater is mounted. The heater is controlled by an microclimate thermostat and there is a digital aquarium thermometer and an analogue hygrometer mounted in the back left corner.

The gravel, which is fine aquarium gravel, is about 10cm deep for most of it and only a few centimetres in the cave part - to allow the heater to do its work.

The large bowl in the picture was the salt water bowl, and I have now made that the food bowl - so more than one of them can comfortably get into it and eat if they wish. However I want to get a smaller one - it takes up a large part of the tank real estate unnecessarily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back