herp clubs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
im going to start up a herp club in my home town to try and educate people a little on herps

im sick of people around here telling horror snakes about how they keep their snakes

BTW what is a northen carpet some one here claims to owns a pair and i asked if it was a north west or proserpine or jungle and she said no they are commanly known as northern carpets ??????????

Id have to say a northern carpet is infact a northwestern carpet morelia spilota variegata aka irian jaya in some parts and is just a misinterpretation of the species.

But If anyone can correct this please do so.

Could they be talking about Darwins? Or even Cape Yorks? :?

I was thinking about starting a herp society awhile back and was contemplating the idea of having an auction twice yearly in the form of selling herps and related products.The society would charge 15% of sales for non members and 10% for members.All fees would then be contributed back into the society for such items as books for a library etc.I would limit 5 items per lot and 5 lots per person. Anyone know if that is legal in NSW? What I mean is I realise reptiles can not be taken from the house they are licencsed under but can you get a permit for this reason above?

Hi CC,
In NSW you can take protected fauna from the nominated premises without the Directors consent for the purpose of vet treatment,for disposal or sale,or for a period of no more than 12 hours for the purpose of attendance at a meeting,a training course or for participation in a competitive show.

Thats taken from paragraph one of NPWS's Fauna Keepers Licence.
cheers

Ok kewl thanks heaps fangs.

I will have to sit down and actually read my licence one day lol :p

lol yeah might be a good idea.
I was gunna type it all out then thought stuff it you can read it yaself or are you waiting for the movie to come out? :p

MORE HERB.SOCIETY GOOD IDEA

HERE IN THE U.S.A WHERE I LIVE, I CAN'T FIND ANY :!: The only way I find info. is steadly going to my local library and doing alot of reserch.Since I joined A.P.S. U all have help me filtre out some of the B.S. thats out on the internet :!: I'm fixen to have back surgery,so I'm going to have some time on hand :oops: I'm also looking for a caraer change.I'm good with my hands an have alittle business smarts thought mybe trying to start a REPTILE SHOP. :idea: I blieve I could build enclosers;an maybe sell other prducts;an buy just a few good snakes an try breeding.I would also try to educate all buyers about thier REPTILE :wink: I see a big differnce in $$$ here conpared to $$$ in Australia.I've been resarching the laws in TN. an haven't found anyting about selling of reptiles,can't sell native species. I don't know u'r laws on purchaseing reptiles. THANKS for u'r time :D :idea:

PS. ANY COMMENTS/IDEAS WOULD WELCOME :!:

EMAIL me if u want [email protected]

If you can only take a reptile away from the licensed premisies for 12 hours, whats the go when you want to breed say a snake with a mate's snake (where you need to have it away for a few weeks or so)?[/quote]

snakehunter,
I those those circumstances you would need to write to the Director npws requesting permission to do something like that.
The 12 hour rule is without such written permission.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back