Herp Lover Needed Urgenly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tittezzz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
:evil: URGENT NOTICE TO ALL HERP LOVERS IN THE SUTHERLAND SHIRE & THOSE NEARBY:evil:
THE KIRRAWEE BRICK YARDS {2227} HAVE BEEN SOLD TO DEVLOPERS.
IT HAS BEEN A REFUGE FOR NATIVE ANIMALS FOR MORE THAN 30 YEARS, BUT IT WILL SOON BE GONE. TURNED IN FLATS OR FACTORYS.:evil::evil:
MY PLAN IS TO GET IN THERE ASAP & CATCH EVERY CRITTER WE CAN, LOG ALL ANIMALS CAUGHT, & RELEASE INTO THE NEARBY ROYAL NATIONAL PARK SUTHERLAND.:D
FOR ANY INFO PLEASE CALL ME OR EMAIL.
COME ON GUYS & GIRLS:p THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE IN THE NEXT THREE WEEKS OR ALL THE CRITERS ARE GOING TO COP IT:evil::evil::evil: ANDY 0449 536 720 EMAIL [email protected]

I like your way of thinking , but it has got to be illegal and im sure you could face fines , for tress passing and remove wild life illegally .........but good luck to you .
I have driven past that place a million times and never thought there be to many animals in there ....

In order to get a development permit they would have to have conducted an environmental study proving that no endangered species were going to be affected. Maybe rather than relocating animals yourself and risking a fine, contact local council and request a copy of the envirnmental study. Then you could take it to one of the govt environmental agencies and they could give permission for it to be done officially.

Not sure of the details here, but there must be a way for you to do it with less risk!

I would (coming from a PR/Media background here) contact the purchasing company, by letter/email and phone, and let them know of the situation. Ask them what sort of Wildlike Management Strategy they have in place, and remind them that it is illegal to kill any animals, INCLUDING ven. snakes, that are likely to be hiding aroumd the area.

Inform them that you will be near the site, happy to help with relocating any animals, and that you can give them the contact details of organisations that can relocate vens etc.

If they are being difficult, remind them again of the legalities, and that you will be monitoring them...

Try and scare them, BUT be level headed. Let me know how you go, I can helpf more if you need to... I work for big companies like this a lot, in Stakeholder Management, you have a good shot at getting them onboard.

The RSPCA handles most things to do with reptiles in Sydney. Perhaps give them a call and see what they say you can do.. I know your cause is for the best. But check the legalities before you cop a fine. I have spoken to them on occasion for other matters recently to do with reptiles in nsw and found them really helpful.
Trust me where there is a law there is usually a loophole. Good luck with it.

The RSPCA handles most things to do with reptiles in Sydney.

No they don't.

The RSPCA gets millions of dollars a year from the government and they do not look after native animals. They always refer callers to WIRES. Who, incidentally, only get a few thousand from the government.

The RSPCA will not even euthanaise wildlife in need but instead dump it on WIRES to sort out.

IsK

Regardless of the legalities, what you're describing will cause a lot more harm than good, and sadly, it would be better to allow the animals to be bulldozed (yes, I know, it's extremely sad, but unfortunately you can't bulldoze a large area without causing a lot of harm).

If you can obtain permits to bring them into captivity, wonderful, if not, I suggest you leave the situation alone.

On the other hand, I expect this advice to fall on deaf ears... have fun :)

we should ask nsw national parks for permits to either relocate various animals or bring them in to captivaty

sadly the weather is not very good and finding any reptiles would be difficult

No they don't.

The RSPCA gets millions of dollars a year from the government and they do not look after native animals. They always refer callers to WIRES. Who, incidentally, only get a few thousand from the government.

The RSPCA will not even euthanaise wildlife in need but instead dump it on WIRES to sort out.

IsK

which is why i stopped donating money to them.

Regardless of the legalities, what you're describing will cause a lot more harm than good, and sadly, it would be better to allow the animals to be bulldozed (yes, I know, it's extremely sad, but unfortunately you can't bulldoze a large area without causing a lot of harm).

If you can obtain permits to bring them into captivity, wonderful, if not, I suggest you leave the situation alone.

On the other hand, I expect this advice to fall on deaf ears... have fun :)

I don't doubt that you're correct but could you elaborate a little on why it'd do more harm than good , thanks.

sounds kinda illegal to me, is there really anything anyone can do? developers have enough money to moralize anything they want to.

Each area has a certain amount of food and a certain amount of animals that can survive. Add a few more snakes to an area that already has resident snakes will cease food supply for some. It might kill off the snakes that were there before hand or kill the ones released.

As segested we should conatact npws asap!!!!!!if we have to ask them to take them into captivity but preferably release them into an area like a national park.if needed i know a little area by the m5 near my place where there is no reptiles but alot of food for reptiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back