Herp Products

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pollock

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys i was wondering if you seen them granite hides and water bowls i was wondering if theyre alright for the enclosure i bought a pair and they smell like fibreglass when in the heat

Bowls

hi , i have found the hide caves are really good but all the bowls i have had, have cracked around the botton where the water sits in so its a thumbs up for the hide, and a thumbs down for the bowl

I haven't ever used the hides as I build my hides out of sight. As for the Bowls I have used them extensively and never found any problems with them. Having said that I don't have my water bowls directly under any direct heat source and the two I have left I have had for approx three years now.

I was going to buy some rock hides but they are so dear.
Does anyone know of a similar thing from a landscaping / garden edging or something like that. like a fake rock that is hollow and can be cut in half to make 2.
Cheers
Ad

i may have somthing for you all, i am launching a new website called animalattraction.com.au that should be up and running by the 22nd of this month (march) included in the product range are a whole heap of fake rocks, waterfalls and backgrounds at awsome prices... so stay tuned

Most of my hides are out of sight. I don't really see the benifit in having a good looking hide out in the open.

I bought a hide made from fiberglass stuff and it works well, my beardie likes it but it does not clean to well...They are fairly pricey but when i got mine the company stuffed up and i got it for like 14 bucks instead of 44.

The bowls work just as good but are easier to clean.

At the moment I am using large plastic tubs for my bigger stuff for water (still have the granite style for the smaller ones) but when I finish building my house and attrium I will be using sunken patio ponds. It's going to rock

You very funny boy ! Good on ya, Let me clarify for the New Mexicans amongst us. Granit styled fibre glass. :)

Got plastic ones that look like granite and they work really good for young ones.

The fiberglass hides are easy enough to clean and look great, but the water bowls tend to end up leaking so i use the ceramic ones from the Herp Shop....

mmmmmmmmm luckily I have not seen this figreglass one you speak of.

Yeah sounds a bit rough but if it really does rock you can use wooden wedges to stabilise it. You don't want a pond that rocks or all the water will get spilt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back